Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkchylde

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/darkchylde

Seems we are getting spoiled for choice with John Carpenter movies after nearly a decade with none from him. It has been announced, apparently, that John Carpenter is onboard to direct the adaptation of graphic novel Darkchylde. Darkchylde follows Ariel Chydle who has the power to materialise her worst nightmares and then fins herself having to rid her town of these beasties she has unleashed.

For me the most exciting part of this is that WETA are onboard to do the effects. One of the worst parts of Ghosts Of Mars for me was the appalling effects and miniatures, clearly down to Carpenter not wanting to embrace the evolution of effects work and, dare I say it, CGI. With WETA onboard he won't have a choice and it should help to elevate this film above the mediocre (but still awesome! :D) levels of Ghosts Of Mars.

Any Darkchylde fans that can add their thoughts on this?

Advertisement