Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used ferret bedding wanted - Dublin area

• 03-11-2010 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any shop/breeders/anything that will oblige me in handing over used bedding?

We have a problem with mice and need something to put in the attic/shed. We have snap traps and peanut butter on the go.

Is it very smelly stuff? I have a mouse hole that seems to open into an internal cavity.

The mice are driving me demented and our cat is useless:( He steals mice from the traps and try to parade them as his own catch:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

hi, im looking for some as well. so far no luck. if i get some will share with ya. wat a nitemare they are. i have 3 cats and they are bloody useless. I think my mice have a party every nite they make that much noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

have a mouse rpoblem too......

why ya using the ferret bedding for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

The smell of the urine will scare the mice off

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Hiya, ha ha, had to reply to this, We have 5 ferrets and your more than wellcome to some ferret bedding, give me a few days to collect some. were in dublin 5 area if thats any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

i have 3 ferrets and i found mouse crap on top of their hutch last week, i don't think it works but i have some if you want, d 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

homerhop wrote: »
    The smell of the urine will scare the mice off

this really works?
    brother has hunting ferrets n going to get me some of this to try...head is wrecked over em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Hiya, ha ha, had to reply to this, We have 5 ferrets and your more than wellcome to some ferret bedding, give me a few days to collect some. were in dublin 5 area if thats any good.

I'll try the pet shops in town first as I'm not that near to you, thank you for the offer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

i have 3 ferrets and i found mouse crap on top of their hutch last week, i don't think it works but i have some if you want, d 11

Mouse poop ontop of the ferret hutch? Oh no! Perhaps they were just suicidal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

First off I keep many ferrets and as good as this idea sounds .....it wont work.Ferrets are extremely clean animals and will not p on their beding if it can be avoided.In their nest box there'll be the straw,in the run outside(and there should be a run outside)should be shavings/sawdust,this will be where the ferrets urinate/soil.After a short time mice/rats get used to the smell of ferrets and work out that they are not in danger.Do as your doing,snap traps and fill the hole in the block with expanding foam.It'll be an ongoing battle and no guarantee you'll win.......have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Martin72

Hi, just wondered has anyone had any luck in deterring rats/mice , by using used ferret bedding ?
    in the last few days i have heard something moving about inside cavity walls and downstairs living room. so would like to get rid of what ever it is as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement

Martin72 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondered has anyone had any luck in deterring rats/mice , by using used ferret bedding ?
    in the last few days i have heard something moving about inside cavity walls and downstairs living room. so would like to get rid of what ever it is as quickly as possible.
    sorry doesnt work, tried it last week no difference. am at my wits end as nothing seems to be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Martin72

thats a shame , have you tried poison? i think i will have to go that route now at this point.

no i really dont want to go down the poison route. i have cats, kids, dogs and hamsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tkman

I live next to a river and have a continious problem with rats in the winter, i have a man call to the house and release ferrets in my back and let them go under decking and sheds, also leaves ferret droppings around the garden. seems to really work. he calls to houses aswell and travels anywhere in dub. no. is

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tkman--Ive removed that phone number.The person in question might not like their number being posted on a public website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tkman

if you think so, but they didnt mind advertising in a public place

Advertisement