Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Prendeville!

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭

WTF was he thinking? Actually don't answer that!....this is not good for his reputation and career....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://examiner.ie/ireland/aer-lingus-to-complain-radio-hosts-sex-act-to-gardai-135321.html

Its a career killer most certainly. Whatever about his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Agreed its disaster of a situation.However i hope he don't lose his job over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well he wont lose his job as he is more or less the top man in 96fm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gimmick wrote: »
    Well he wont lose his job as he is more or less the top man in 96fm I think.

He prob won't lose his job but it'll never be the same with again now - people won't forget something like this and whenever he's on his high horse they can bring him back down to earth with a bang hehe:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

dave1982 wrote: »
    Agreed its disaster of a situation.However i hope he don't lose his job over it

I hope he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Wow, I was wondering why he wasnt on this morning but didnt guess anything like this. Wonder if it was covered when they did the papers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

• Registered Users Posts: 86,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Since the incident Mr Prendeville left a voice message on the telephone of the young woman who was sitting beside him, in which he said: "I just wanted to apologise to you for any offence that I might have caused you." He said he had no recollection of the incident and that when he was told about it he was "shocked and horrified". "I have no recollection whatsoever. I’m in shock, you know, I really am. I took some Nurofen Plus alright, I know that, for my neck. And as you know, with me anyway there was pints and wine and stuff and Jesus I don’t know where I’d begin to make it up to you," he said on the voicemail.

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/aer-lingus-to-complain-radio-hosts-sex-act-to-gardai-135321.html#ixzz14DCnJkTI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

what a load of crock. in the paper he said he took neurofen. neurofen even combined with alcohol does not cause memory loss.
    deviant behaviour. needs professional help.

• Advertisement

what a load of crock. in the paper he said he took neurofen. neurofen even combined with alcohol does not cause memory loss.
    deviant behaviour. needs professional help.

I'd be inclined to agree there - there must be something else involved. Neurofen with alcohol would not cause this to happen surely. I can't really say cos i have never taken alcohol with neurofen.....but i find it hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Ray Darcy on about it now. does nt really believe prendivilles " excuse "

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

"I can't remember getting from the Restaurant to the Airport"

It must have been some bash at Bentleys Restaurant - as Guest of Cork Convention Bureau, Cork City Mayor and Cork County Mayor.

Was Taxpayers money used to fund the Bash. Who was he making the "Speech" to? I think the Public are entitled to some answers from the Local Authorities about this Junket. It looks like the Gravy Train is still running in Cork.

The Damaged Quay wall opposite the MERCY Hospital has still not been repaired 12 Months after the Floods due to a Funding Shortage!!!

moceri wrote: »
    "I can't remember getting from the Restaurant to the Airport"

It must have been some bash at Bentleys Restaurant - as Guest of Cork Convention Bureau, Cork City Mayor and Cork County Mayor.

Was Taxpayers money used to fund the Bash. Who was he making the "Speech" to? I think the Public are entitled to some answers from the Local Authorities about this Junket. It looks like the Gravy Train is still running in Cork.

The Damaged Quay wall opposite the MERCY Hospital has still not been repaired 12 Months after the Floods due to a Funding Shortage!!!

Very good point - yet they can afford to wine and dine in a posh restaurant in London...unbelievable:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FYP! - Castie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

As far as I know he is not meant to be the most liked person in Cork so I'd say some people are delighted.

What is interesting in the article is how much money was spent wining and dining him and the others. Who financed the trip. Is must have cost a fortune. Looks like this sort of behaviour is still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I always said he was a w**ker!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

moceri wrote: »
    It must have been some bash

hee, hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Can this be made a sticky? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Go on your GOOD THING YEA:D good old Neil Prendeville what goes around comes around

• Advertisement

NickDrake wrote: »
    As far as I know he is not meant to be the most liked person in Cork so I'd say some people are delighted.

What is interesting in the article is how much money was spent wining and dining him and the others. Who financed the trip. Is must have cost a fortune. Looks like this sort of behaviour is still ongoing.

Not liked - yet his radio show is the most listened to in Cork - over 100,000 listeners so they can't hate him that much. He's the guy you love to hate cos he has such strong opinions about everything (opinions which most people don't share) but i always thought he had a good show tbh. Haven't listened to it in ages though cos i'm always in work by the time he starts his show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Neil Benderville R.I.P

evilivor wrote: »
    Wow I wouldnt recognise his voice there at all :eek:

Now that I listen to it, I did hear a bit from the end on the radio this morning but I didnt know who it was or what they were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

mike65 wrote: »
    what a load of cock

I don't know man, it's a hard one to call. He's always been a right handfull to deal with.

I'm here all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

i tried this on a Ryanair flite from London to Cork once and no one batted an eyelid.

Maybe he just misheard the safety announcements and thought it said emergency ejaculation rather then emergency evacuation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭applehunter

You'd nearly feel sorry for the smug bollix.

Actually no.

JohnK wrote: »
    Maybe he just misheard the safety announcements and thought it said emergency ejaculation rather then emergency evacuation :P

LOL!:D

To be fair, I do feel sorry for his kids. Christ can you imagine the horror of having to face school with that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

leahyl wrote: »
    Not liked - yet his radio show is the most listened to in Cork - over 100,000 listeners so they can't hate him that much. He's the guy you love to hate cos he has such strong opinions about everything (opinions which most people don't share) but i always thought he had a good show tbh. Haven't listened to it in ages though cos i'm always in work by the time he starts his show

Listenership can be companies etc also. People may not want to listen to him but are made to.

I am just saying what I heard from my Cork friends.

What I want to know is who funded this trip over. Who are the Cork bureau>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement