Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Prendeville!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

NickDrake wrote: »
    Listenership can be companies etc also. People may not want to listen to him but are made to.

I am just saying what I heard from my Cork friends.

What I want to know is who funded this trip over. Who are the Cork bureau>

Oh yeah i know you're prob right but i know a fair few people who claim they can't stand the guy but yet regularly listen to his radio show at home....:D

JohnK wrote: »
    To be fair, I do feel sorry for his kids. Christ can you imagine the horror of having to face school with that :eek:

Yeah it's very tough and embarrassing for his wife and kids. Didn't think he'd be that stupid to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah it's very tough and embarrassing for his wife and kids. Didn't think he'd be that stupid to be honest

They really must have been wining and dining them in London. Does not reflect to well on the Cork Bureau.

To be honest we don't really know who he was directing it at and why he did it.

Intoxication really isn't a defence and not looked too kindly on as an excuse in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

When I heard this story I could not stop laughing. It's always good to hear somebody is having a worse time than yourself.

I think its a great story. As he is a radio presenter it will more than likely just raise his profile, after the current whoha is over.

Maybe he should try and get in touch with Tiger Woods for details on the sex counciling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Unfortunately I don't think Neil has the deflective skills of Letterman or Hugh Grant. This will be with him for life.

I've often taken Nurofen Plus after or before a few pints and never have I ransacked my dignity in public like that.

I have the feeling that this incident is really just the tip of a very dirty iceberg.

Edit: haha just read on twitter -

'Neil Prendeville responds - Yes that was my snake on a plane.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They're deleting any facebook comments on the show's page. But on the plus side, tossed salad is on the menu at the Boardwalk today.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

ahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahaahhaa! i tried not to find it so funny. but he was so serious!!!!!!hahahahaha:D:p
    what a langer!! 'i'd taken three painkilling tablets'...............;)......sure neil!!

Ah lads come on now! Ye are so mean:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

panthera wrote: »
    what a langer!!

you said it.

Just listened to the statement he made. He said he hopes people will learn from it. Not to mix painkillers and alcohol.

He has some cheek!! He should have stated he hopes to learn from it. Trying to bring other people into it is pretty disgraceful.

The makers of the painkillers may also be interested in some of his statements. He did state in a manner of speaking that they caused him to loose control of his mind. Very serious alegations.

This could get very messy. Pardon the pun!

• Advertisement

His show has now deleted their entire wall in an effort to censor negative comments. Everything since it was setup. Once cute hoor posted this up, it's deleted now, but it's pretty funny :

attachment.php?attachmentid=133504&stc=1&d=1288782676

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Could never stand listening to this guy, in the few times I listened in he always came across as arrogant, judgemental and condescending. I heard his statement this morning and I cannot believe he is making excuses for his behaviour, he made it out that we should feeling sorry for him!! Instead of making excuses he should have just came out and apologised and admitted he shouldn't have done it. This will come back to haunt him forever! Only ones I feel sorry for are his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

His solicitor, Gerald Keane, is on Today FM talking to Ray. He's blaming the pain killers too, complete bull imo

His solicitor, Gerald Keane, is on Today FM talking to Ray. He's blaming the pain killers too, complete bull imo

Trying to put a legal slant on it. His defence would be he was not in control of his mind. Legal defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

I do feel sorry for the other passengers but I would have loved to see their reaction.

I hope the Gardai do a crime scene reinactiment on crime line.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

'the paper alleges he was in a compromising position on an aer lingus flight'!!:D

His show has now deleted their entire wall in an effort to censor negative comments. Everything since it was setup. Once cute hoor posted this up, it's deleted now, but it's pretty funny :

attachment.php?attachmentid=133504&stc=1&d=1288782676

People can still post. But they are deleting them as they come. (pardon for the pun)

Surely they cannot man that wall 24hours a day. Should be some beauties tonight,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

What an ol rogue! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Was looking at his photo in Marrakesh in one of the free sheets and he looked totally out of it, IMO.

Personally, I can't blame him for losing his mind, it's a high pressure job and one hears the very worst of the bad, nothing like what gets on air. Hearing the minutia of detailed despicable, depraved acts of sex and violence has to have Psychological effects on one's own mental health.

I worked for him for a while, but would not know him well, he was sound out, kind and caring.

I am also shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

He's just proved to me what I always thought he was w****r:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

He may have a defense depending on what they charge him with. Its called Automatism. (Introduction of an external element that causes someone to have insufficient control of their actions)
    Again it depends on the charge. Its not a full defense for all charges.

I think everyone should become a fan of the show and just keep commenting. It annoys me more that they are censoring discussion that the todgergate that happened on the flight.

Hogzy wrote: »
    He may have a defense depending on what they charge him with. Its called Automatism. (Introduction of an external element that causes someone to have insufficient control of their actions)
    Again it depends on the charge. Its not a full defense for all charges.

Yes you are right it is but it is not a complete defence as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Wow, this is mad. His family must be disgraced. He should book himself into some AA meetings.

Of course we would. If some unknown person took out their knob sitting across from 2 air hostesses, and sitting next to 2 people, they'd be all over the papers as a sexual deviant and a pervert.

It'd hardly make headline news though would it?? (Maybe on Sky News it would though:p)

Any newspaper would print a story like that. Papers are desperate for news. Pretending that this case is only getting exposure (Pardon the pun) because it's Neil is ridiculous. Anyone who masturbates in public, especially on a plane, is going to end up in all forms of media.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It annoys me when people say "oh if he wasnt in the public eye we wouldnt hear about it"

We would. Anything that goes about on planes/airports nowadays is blasted in the news.

Hogzy wrote: »
    It annoys me when people say "oh if he wasnt in the public eye we wouldnt hear about it"

We would. Anything that goes about on planes/airports nowadays is blasted in the news.

If he wasn't in the public eye we wouldn't hear about it:p

Fair enough you have your opinion I have mine. Let's agree to disagree:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Of course we would. If some unknown person took out their knob sitting across from 2 air hostesses, and sitting next to 2 people, they'd be all over the papers as a sexual deviant and a pervert.

And the cops would be waiting at Cork airport to arrest them, which doesn't appear to have happened in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

My god, I was fairly shocked when I heard this earlier. Quite funny.
    Although if someone rang up his show saying they saw a man doing this on a plane he was be up on his high horse giving out that it is a disgrace.

Nurofen though, come on!:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement