Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Prendeville!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Amazing how it was kept under wraps for so long - it happened like 3 weeks ago didn't it? You'd think it would have broken before now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

leahyl wrote: »

Fair enough you have your opinion I have mine. Let's agree to disagree:)

No this is the internet. And i will not rest until everyone agrees with my opinion :P

duty_calls.png
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Nurofen though, come on!:confused:

I know. Funny how the rest of society can cope with taking the stuff.

Hogzy wrote: »
    No this is the internet. And i will not rest until everyone agrees with my opinion :P

duty_calls.png

HAHA! OK i agree with you Master Hogzy!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

e9ae8c32-7ffc-4db7-aa62-0aafc5ae8f22.jpg

Bill-e wrote: »
    Tee of coffee?

Is this some sort of first class thing-a-ma-jig like the Cream of Soup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Amazing how it was kept under wraps for so long - it happened like 3 weeks ago didn't it? You'd think it would have broken before now

The Examiner newsdesk apparently had the story the day after the incident but needed to get it fully verified. It wasn't until Aer Lingus confirmed it that they could go to print with it for obvious legal reasons. The rumours were very widely around last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

evilivor wrote: »
    Even Barry O'Mahony sounds so dissapointed reading the news report.

It also mentioned on the paper that his show gets an average of 100,000 listeners, which seems a bit generious :rolleyes:

Even Barry O'Mahony sounds so dissapointed reading the news report.

It also mentioned on the paper that his show gets an average of 100,000 listeners, which seems a bit generious :rolleyes:

I dont know though. They quite often get callers in from the US and UK who were listening online. There must be quite a few online listeners i would imagine.

The rumours were very widely around last week.

Really? Didn't hear anything myself now... And did he just go on with his show as normal for the last two weeks? That must have been torture knowing that this news was going to break eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Really? Didn't hear anything myself now... And did he just go on with his show as normal for the last two weeks? That must have been torture knowing that this news was going to break eventually!

There was a lengthy thread about it on Peoples Republic of Cork last week which was deleted on Friday.

• Advertisement

There was a lengthy thread about it on Peoples Republic of Cork last week which was deleted on Friday.

Oh right i don't go on that forum so....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adliya100

Would you want him working for you?? This guys ego is bigger than any jet plane..bye bye Top Dog in 96fm

There are way too many New Regs in here for my liking.

Me has the suspicion

gbee wrote: »
    The Boardwalk has OTHER owners as well. Above posts need amendment.

Because i gave an opinion on the food? I have been there and am entitled to say what i thought of it. I think you should maybe be looking at some of the other far more obscene posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 phonemateire

whys that gbee the food there isn't great overcooked overpriced and service can be shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I hope he doesn't go, I enjoy listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

36004_428019186736_328587711736_449.jpg

Dean820 wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't go, I enjoy listening to him.

Me too - jokes aside i think he has a very good radio show. it will be hard to erase this incident from my mind though when he is on the radio

lehyL.

Point is there are other bad posts about the man. You are entitled to you opinion and give a critique, but in the context that you quoted.

I've sent the usual to the mods, it'll be their decision, naturally.

Whatever you think - i did absolutely nothing wrong here but like i said if you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill go ahead. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Whatever you think - i did absolutely nothing wrong here but like i said if you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill go ahead. :rolleyes:

You are here a while, and you quote a 4 poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

lehyL.

Point is there are other bad posts about the man. You are entitled to you opinion and give a critique, but in the context that you quoted.

I've sent the usual to the mods, it'll be their decision, naturally.

jaysus, get a life will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The show is ok....when he wants to he can give a public representative a very good grilling. Other times the show is way too "joe duffy" for my liking.

I wouldn't wish misfortune on anyone. I imagine his family will be getting a brutal time. Cant imagine this is easy for his children. He certainly is an arrogant so and so at times though.

Still tho i have to admit I lol'd when I heard this. :D

fedor.2. wrote: »

My sentiments exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

fedor.2. wrote: »

Well, I hear there's an opening for a radio presenter? Any truth in that?

on a more serious note though i would have loved to have been a fly on Batt o Keefe's wall when he read the Examiner this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I can't understand the posts saying "if he wasn't famous, nothing would be done about it" the fact is that any misdemeanor on a plane is automatically considered more serious than what happens on the ground (for right or wrong, but the fact remains). He is guilty of indecent exposure at the very least and possibly more serious charges, I am amazed that he wasn't arrested the minute he was ejected from the plane.

It's the same if an ordinary person is involved in a punch up, they would still be charged but the most that would appear in the paper would be a small footnote in the court listings, however if a celebrity did the same thing, it would be a big story. A famous face being involved always is going to increase the publicity. That doesn't mean that the non famous person would get off, we just wouldn't hear about it. You can't expect to be in the public eye, milk the publicity when it suits you and then complain when something like this is made public.

What he did was absolutely disgusting. I feel so sorry for the people sitting near him, imagine if there had been children present. I hope the guards persue this all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Have the makers of Nurofen Plus released a statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Hogzy wrote: »
    Is this some sort of first class thing-a-ma-jig like the Cream of Soup.

HAHA, Typo...

i suppose the people who will suffer the most are the people who rely on the charities he is the front man for. selfish of him really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

He could apply for a refund from Aer Lingus since his bag got lighter:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement