Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Prendeville!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

hahaha I just realised I was in the boardwalk last week with my brother and he ordered:
    "Neil’s Favourite Fresh Atlantic Seafood Chowder " He loved it though!

In fairness Neil only owns a very small part of the boardwalk. They are more then happy to use his fame normally. However, I'm not sure this will be the biggest selling point for them over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I actually like his show, for the very reason that he IS opinionated. While i might not agree with everything he has to say, it does make for interesting listening. Its a much better show than anything on other local radio in Munster. Everyone else i talk to though seems to hate him with a fiery passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i suppose the people who will suffer the most are the people who rely on the charities he is the front man for. selfish of him really.

And his family

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And his family

Yes, I feel very sorry for them particularly his kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

gbee wrote: »
    Maybe the man has recently developed an illness, say in the last five years.

A mental illness which symptoms are masturbating in public? I think if such an illness exists, sufferers shouldn't be allowed out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Ironic is a word that comes to mind.Heres a man who plays the "Guilty until proven innocent" hand with everyone elses business before knowing the facts.Now i know for a fact if i was "rubbing one out" on an aerlingus flight and it was brought to his attention hed have had a field day on 96fm with this "scum of the earth","a disgrace to society" and all his other favourite taglines.Id be accused of not only being drunk but being high as a kite aswel by himself
    Hes constantly having a pop at people with alcohol and other addictions and how they behave-by the sounds of this he's the one who these taglines should be aimed at.Maybe next time(if he keeps his job)he might think twice before jumping to "its his way or the highway attitude"-As for the the Nuerofen plus,gimmie a break,i take painkillers 20x and have had a few pints and have never felt the urge to whip out my "Salami" at any point,especially not 20,000 feet in the air
    And i can guarantee that he wont end up in court-sure isnt he a pillar of the community-next time he should keep that "pillar" in his pants before he blinds someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 phonemateire

Nicely put Danny can barely type for laughing cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

i suppose the people who will suffer the most are the people who rely on the charities he is the front man for. selfish of him really.

To be fair, masterbation is always a selfish thing, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

The report in the Examiner this morning, it said that after the alleged incident took place, the girl who was sitting alongside him on the plane received a voicemail from him apologising....

How did he get this phone number??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

To be fair, masterbation is always a selfish thing, isn't it? :D

He could say it was his HAND luggage !!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

CarMuppet wrote: »
    The report in the Examiner this morning, it said that after the alleged incident took place, the girl who was sitting alongside him on the plane received a voicemail from him apologising....

Did he know her? Was he trying it on? He has his 'connections' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

CarMuppet wrote: »

She was a fellow journo from the Examiner on the same trip I presume He got it from the orgainiser or would have had it anyway and by letting a message on her answering machine gave the green light for the Examiner to go to print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adliya100

Hogzy wrote: »
    There are way too many New Regs in here for my liking.

Me has the suspicion
    I just don't spend all day commenting :-) I am entitled to like everybody else..apologies if you don't recognise my reg???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has 96fm or the other Cork radio stations made any comments on the Neil Penisville/ Neil Cock Air gate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

There's a poor Aussie music radio station on facebook taking a hammering. People don't seem to notice they're a different 96FM station altogether! (chuckles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrs.scales

ncmc wrote: »
    What he did was absolutely disgusting. I feel so sorry for the people sitting near him, imagine if there had been children present. I hope the guards persue this all the way.

I agree, imagine if there was children present. it would be very disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

brings a new meaning to the air travel term " i caught the red eye flight from........" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

JustinOval wrote: »
    I don't believe you. O'Leary would have charged you extra for that.

O'leary would have Charged Handling Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

So is the term from now on going to be to "bang out a Prendeville" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

today fm now.....

Go on the Matt Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

He was clearly out of his mind, it's just a ****, not like he hurt anyone.

There's a woman from the Rape Crisis Centre on Matt Cooper going ****ing loopers about it all, over reaction of the century, the only victim is Neil Prendevilles ego and career.

I mean, in Temple Bar on Arthurs Day two naked breakdancing lads played penis-guitar. Wonder what the Rape Crisis Centre thinks of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I dont listen to his show much but i do recall a program several years where he complained about low cost airlines as he said nowadays any "scumbag" can afford a ticket and be on your flight.............chickens came home to roost now, dirty perverted hypocrite...

The Gardai have not done anything?? So different law for different people. DISGRACE!!!

He should have been arrested. Anyone else would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's a big fall when you come off your high horse!

All those of you that believe in Karma must have a nice sense of smugness. He caused me a few stressful days of work a few years ago because of one of his rants. I don't feel sorry for him but I really feel sorry for his family, especially his kids, must be terrible for them in school.
    I never listened to the station by choice but I am not sure how he can continue to take the moral high ground on issues from here on in, if someone finds themselves on the losing end of a debate the phrase "sure you are only a W@nk3r!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    He was clearly out of his mind, it's just a ****, not like he hurt anyone.

There's a woman from the Rape Crisis Centre on Matt Cooper going ****ing loopers about it all, over reaction of the century, the only victim is Neil Prendevilles ego and career.

I mean, in Temple Bar on Arthurs Day two naked breakdancing lads played penis-guitar. Wonder what the Rape Crisis Centre thinks of that.

Ya seriously what was her problem!!
    NickDrake wrote: »
    The Gardai have not done anything?? So different law for different people. DISGRACE!!!

He should have been arrested. Anyone else would have.

His solicitor said that neither the gardai or aer lingus contacted him. Could this woman he was sitting next to have made it up??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

He doesn't give a toss about his listeners

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement