Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible malware found by chrome in site ads?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

I was just heading into a thread and chrome gave me this popup.

malwareboardsie.jpg

it came up in page 251 (standard layout) of the You Laugh You Lose, Pictures Only**Mod Note in first post updated 26/08/2010** thread, altho i suspect adverts are dished out dynamically so i'm not sure if that's any help or not.

i'm not sure if it's legit or not, but i figured you guys would want to know in case someone you are using for advertising is hosting malware so you can put a stop to it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

afaik boards cant pick and choose which adverts are shown.Does chrome have an add-on similar to Adblock in firefox?Will stop the ads been shown and stop that warning or you can just ignore it and carry on surfing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

I don't think we've ever found anything in the advertising system that would cause this - usually it's people's signatures.

Will have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Ross wrote: »
    I don't think we've ever found anything in the advertising system that would cause this - usually it's people's signatures.

Will have a look.

If it was in the you laugh you lose thread it could be a site that someone is hot linking an image from?

If it was in the you laugh you lose thread it could be a site that someone is hot linking an image from?
    That's probably just as likely alright.

Was an image, have rehosted it on a site I know doesn't have any malware (wthax.org, *cough*) - shouldn't be getting the Chrome warning anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

thanks, guess it was legit after all (sort of). :)

Advertisement