Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artwork on Your Tickets

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Would you prefer artwork on your tickets? When tickets arrive in the mail physically would you rather they looked like this.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTecl_nADh0jr41sJOaiFoekTPQXdtH8hwr-nCzh6Ot24FOzqw&t=1&usg=__k0z4jUv5VHFluap_qL9lJ_pvVOs=

Or would you rather they looked like this....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgwbQnqwdBpn2_K8jCFmCk4N7_VPZKMOF56DEZNX86I6t2QMg&t=1&usg=__mo68ljTBephb2uffZcwc8HPly0w=

Would you prefer a Gig ticket to be simple, with all information in the right place, or to double as a possible souvenir that you can hold onto when the gig is over. Even if you keep them anyway, would you rather then were more colourful then clinical?

Do you think tickets should be more lively? 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Much prefer artwork on them. The ones for Muse at Wembley were great, with the multi-coloured sphere from the album in the background, with Muse logo in top right and the support bands listed underneath them, all in very clear font.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/4975349182_bba7066060_z.jpg

Like that! Would certainly much prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Yeah I much prefer them with some kind of imagery/design on them. Have one from a few years back when Metallica played the RDS and it was black with an image of them on it, looked pretty cool. Have one from 95 when REM played Slane and that had REM Monster imagery all over it. Aleays loved those kind of tickets as it made it more of a momento of a gig. I still keep all the bog standard ticketmaster style ones but those two stick out as they are so different, I work in design anyway so I just see loads of potential in designing tickets. My 2c anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The artwork tickets are cool but from a reselling point of view I prefer that there are standard tickets most of the time in this country. Generally most people have seen the ticketmaster tickets a few times and know what to look for to tell if it is genuine or not. If each gig had its own design it would make it harder to spot fakes (though possibly harder to fake in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd prefer the artwork type but Toast has made a good point so I'd go with that for practical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

With the amount of handling and service charges lumped on to already-expensive (for the most part) tickets, I think we're practically entitled to some effort being put into the design of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

A unique ticket design for smaller gigs wouldn't really matter to me and probably wouldn't be feasible for those involved, however I did like how on most of the tickets prior to noughties the artist name would be displayed in actual font they use on their album covers. Or at least a different font would be used for each concert to distinguish tickets.

Of course for the larger gigs it would be nicer to have unique ticket designs. The only non-festival unique ticket design I believe I have is for one of the Pixies' gigs at London's Alexandra Palace in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

i think thats a savage idea someone should mail a link to this page to mcd and the likes.
    the only thing which would bother me would be when they take the whole ticket off ya, i dont get that, surely they can count stubs as easily.
    i understand its a swap for a wrist band and they'd get people sayin heres my stub but i lost my band, but to even return them at the end. i was at ocean colour scene in the royal albert hall in oct and that was the case.

ireland eh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd love to see more artwork on tickets. Strangely enough, I think you're more likely to see artwork on a ticket at a smaller gig nowadays. I still have some Bell X1 tickets where they put their dog artwork on them and when Josh Ritter played Christchurch Cathedral, the artwork on the tickets for that gig was amazing, definitely worth saving.

Advertisement