Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loge a cheque

Options
  • 03-11-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i had a €100 cheque and went in to bank and loge it in the automatic machine but machine read the cheque €8100 instead of €100 so i didnt except that and i press to no button and wrote the correct amount.
    if i except that €8100 what would be happen ? :) just want to now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Done for fraud probably

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It would show as €8100 in your account - but not a cleared/available balance ie. you could not withdraw it/write cheques against it etc etc.

Once it "cleared" (which it wouldn't) your balance would revert back to €100 (and you could withdraw this)

But yes it probably would be a tad fraudulent of you to say it was €8100 when it is €100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I presume when you mean automatic machine its the quick lodge machine. If so then its still processed by a person who would process it for €100

Advertisement