Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple EA's?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey all,Have an EA coming to the house tomorrow but got a call back from another last night about it too.

I said I was just looking for prices and would let him know.

Later my Da said I should have 2 or 3 EA's advertising the house and who ever sells it gets the 2%.

Is it normal practice to have multiple EA's promoting the one house?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 triskellion

Depends on the area. Too many signs on a house make the owner look desperate to sell so I wouldn't go with more that one.
    The norm as I know it is that if you have 2 agents you pay a higher fee and they split it. That way you won't get lads pretending to have bids to keep the house on their books and you end up losing a buyer.
    My advice is get one good one and if you must get 2 do a split fee (60 - 40 or 70 - 30 for whoever sells)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

It's not abnormal for multiple EA's to advertise one property no. However you will have to pay each of them advertising costs upfront so going with multiple EA's could cost you over a grand before you even go to the market.

I'd just go with one. They'll advertise on the main websites and I don't see the benefit of having two or three ads on one website. If a buyer is out there they'll see the ad regardless of how many times it's advertised. Also as triskillion said, multiple boards outside your house would look desperate. There may be a minimal advantage in that it will be advertised in 3 shop windows and some EA's may keep their own 'database' of buyers, but imo any serious buyer will be looking on the net and nearly all business is achieved this way.

Stick with one i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nothing annoy's me more then seeing loads of signs outside a house for sale. No rationale reason behind it but do think it looks desperate for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Thanks all.

The 2 I have talked to want 2% of the sale and thats it.

Should I be worried they didn't mention advertising fee's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Multiple Estate agents = Multiple Advertising fees usually around 500 or 600 euro. Find one you like and stick to them. You should be able to do much better than 2% and thats usually not VAT inclusive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement