Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio controlled cars and boats

Options
  • 03-11-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭

Travelling to Dublin next week with the kids. I was wondering if the radio controlled boats are still being used in the lake and the radio controlled car racing still going on in the science car park on sunday morning? Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I haven't seen that for years. Probably doesn't happen any more I would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

5live wrote: »
    Travelling to Dublin next week with the kids. I was wondering if the radio controlled boats are still being used in the lake and the radio controlled car racing still going on in the science car park on sunday morning? Thanks guys

The science car park was built on a good 10 years ago I think so no more radio controlled car racing :(. Likewise haven't seen anyone using the lake in years. I remember going along as a kid but don't think there's going on these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

Use the lake anyway.

I don't think anybody would mind, and you'd show the swans that you're the boss.
    If anything, I think people would commend you.

Use the lake anyway.

I don't think anybody would mind, and you'd show the swans that you're the boss.
    If anything, I think people would commend you.

Disregard this post! They will be over like a shot to you if you put anything other than bread into the lake.

Would people seriously care?

Not saying you're wrong, but if it used be done I really can't see anybody getting told to sod off.

• Advertisement

They are very particular about people or things going in the lake now. Especially remote controlled boats that would probably freak out the swans and ducks. Not sure how if an angry swan is something anybody wants to deal with!

That's rather sad.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Damn. Was looking forward to seeing a race. It used be great craic. Thanks anyway guys

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

http://www.irishmodelboatclub.ie/
    I don't know how current this is but it looks like the same guys that used to sail on the lake.

Advertisement