Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bale or Nani?

• 03-11-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

At this moment in time who would you pick for your team?

Who would you pick for your team? 146 votes

Bale
    0% 0 votes
    Nani
    100% 146 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

European Games - Bale

League Games - Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Bale, no question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I thought we were 'past' these threads :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think there is a lot more to come from Bale I'd go for him Bale would be doing a lot better in the league if our forwards were better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

another my Richard is bigger than yours thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Greasy team - Nani

Missing link team - Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

another my Richard is bigger than yours thread :rolleyes:

You accusing Warper of having some alterior motive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Right now, I don't see how you can possibly look beyond Nani.

Sure he acts like a dick on the pitch, but his performances have been brilliant and has been one of United's most important players this season. Honestly, I would say Nani has been one of the best players in the premiership so far this season, Bale has not, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

right now, Nani.

everything good Utd do seems to be going through him at the moment.

based on potential, i'd give the edge to Bale.

but that's purely based on my opinion.

so for the purposes of the poll, it's Nani for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Bale. He has great speed, great vison and a great cross. He tracks back and can do a job at full back aswell. Seems like a down to earth fella aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Nani is injured so "At this moment in time" I would pick Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'd much rather the player with more goals and 4 times as many assists thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Bale, no question!

why no question?

yes, bale has done well in europe

but in the league, on present form, its nani everytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nani has been United's best player so far this season.

i'm just going to say now, if Bale steamrolls this poll, the hype is officially out of control.

Andy Gray said he's never seen anything like him. fúck off, seriously.

Malouda, Nasri, Tevez and Nani have been the standout performers in the League so far.

Bale is in maybe the next tier with the likes of Van der Vaart, Adam, and Kompany.

it's nip and tuck either way in all honesty.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm just going to say now, if Bale steamrolls this poll, the hype is officially out of control.

Malouda, Nasri, Tevez and Nani have been the standout performers in the League so far.

Bale is in maybe the next tier with the likes of Van der Vaart, Adam, and Kompany.

I do think that some people won't vote for Nani for his on pitch antics to be honest then spurs fans will all vote for him as almost all united fans would vote for Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Adam Johnson ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

He's been very good in the league, your right in saying he's not been the best. But he's destroyed supposedly the best right back in the world twice now, the hype is justified, we're lucky he's not english, the hype would be this x 10

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Adam Johnson ;)

Whats happening with him?

He had a great end to last season, and a great start to this season, but seems to have disappeared in the last month or so. Heard that Mancini has misgivings about him.

Jordonvito wrote: »
    He's been very good in the league, your right in saying he's not been the best. But he's destroyed supposedly the best right back in the world twice now, the hype is justified, we're lucky he's not english, the hype would be this x 10

And was in the pocket of the 3rd/4th best Brazillian RB last weekend, and Phil Neville the weekend before. Maicon has had a very poor start to the season to, no where near as good as he was last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

And was in the pocket of the 3rd/4th best Brazillian RB last weekend, and Phil Neville the weekend before. Maicon has had a very poor start to the season to, no where near as good as he was last season.

Maicon's not the player he was two seasons ago, this is true.

But the answer is Malouda, the others aren't close

He had a great end to last season, and a great start to this season, but seems to have disappeared in the last month or so. Heard that Mancini has misgivings about him.
    Think he was caught at a party with Barry getting tanked after a match he needs to become grounded or he could go the way of Gazza which would be a waste he looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Being a Utd fan, it's great to see Nani playing well, but his antics are really annoying to watch.

I know it's Bale v Nani, but I think Nasri has been quality this season.
    If I had to pick, I'd go with Bale. The antics play a part though, Nani could be such a better player if he just got on with it!

Questions over his attitude apparently, yet both Hart and Barry continue to start :confused:

Definitely would put him in the same category as Nani and Bale in terms of genuine quality.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Questions over his attitude apparently, yet both Hart and Barry continue to start :confused:

Definitely would put him in the same category as Nani and Bale in terms of genuine quality.
    So would I genuine class what has Hart done though haven't heard anything about that?

yeah he was quare bad against us, but against Everton he was being doubled up by Neville and Coleman, and I havn't seen enough of Maicon to comment.
    But at the end of last year against Chelsea and Arsenal he was immense, and even though I'v only seen Maicon in the CL, he's still a very good player and Bale destroyed him.
    Will be interesting to see how he does in the next few league games, can see him being rested Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How is Bale winning this poll? oh yeah, more non united fans then there are united fans around here

The hype is seriously gone OTT at this stage

kryogen wrote: »
    How is Bale winning this poll? oh yeah, more non united fans then there are united fans around here

The hype is seriously gone OTT at this stage

Im a United fan and I voted Bale

So would I genuine class what has Hart done though haven't heard anything about that?

He was one of the four galavanting at St. Andrews last week (Given was also there).

Also just a few weeks ago he was recorded dancing gee eyed on some bar being cheered on by a massive crowd at a stag do.

Personally I've no problem with them having a few scoops if it's far enough before a game but if you're going to punish AJ then you've got to sort the others out too.

• Advertisement

i think the fact he's a Premier League player means the hype is pretty similar to what it would be if he was English.

how come Premier League clubs have handled him ok in general this season?

because some of the managers and RBs have figured out he's quite one-dimensional. if he can't go down the line, he becomes quite ineffective.

at the weekend, the Rafael/Fletcher combo got it spot on.

that in itself is a testament to Bale's pace, strength and general quality obviously. but he needs to add more.

i'm not trying to get at Bale at all; i think he's absolutely frightening when he gets going. but Matt Cooper compared him to Messi last night, and people are talking about him, quite easily, in terms of moving to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

some people need to settle down is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Bale without doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Personally I'd pick Nani. He is more consistent this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

Daddy or Chips?

i think the fact he's a Premier League player means the hype is pretty similar to what it would be if he was English.

how come Premier League clubs have handled him ok in general this season?

because some of the managers and RBs have figured out he's quite one-dimensional. if he can't go down the line, he becomes quite ineffective.

at the weekend, the Rafael/Fletcher combo got it spot on.

that in itself is a testament to Bale's pace, strength and general quality obviously. but he needs to add more.

i'm not trying to get at Bale at all; i think he's absolutely frightening when he gets going. but Matt Cooper compared him to Messi last night, and people are talking about him, quite easily, in terms of moving to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

some people need to settle down is all.

Your right he can be one dimensional alright, although its one pretty good dimension! But he's got a lot to his game, great crosser of the ball and a decent defender.If he could learn a few of Messi's tricks to get by the double ups he'd be sorted!

As for Messi v Bale theres really no comparison there..

Bale takes it hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

^^This.

I think Bale is probably (or will be at least) the better player, but at the moment teams tend to handle him very well or very badly. He's shown that when he exposes a team he's really able to go to town on them, whereas Nani seems to adapt better to the defense he's up against and is harder to mark in general, making him more consistant though slightly less spectacular on his day.

I'd probably take Nani right now, but ask me again in 2-3 years and I'm pretty sure it will be Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Don't think I want to vote in this. Nani is one of my favourite players (look below) but Bale is class. It'd only be my bias picking Nani who tbh, probably shades it. I will say that they are different types of players, with Bale playing a more advanced Ashley Cole style role and Nani cutting in a lot more and taking shots.

Im a United fan and I voted Bale

i would hope that is cause you simply dont like Nani then cause its pretty clear that he has been the better player so far this season

i would hope that is cause you simply dont like Nani then cause its pretty clear that he has been the better player so far this season

No I like Nani, there's just something about Bale. If I had a choice right now between the two of them I would pick Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

nani for me, cos right now he is more consistent. nani has been super in the league so far this year. bale has been average to good in most games in the league and had 1 decent game against inter and one great game last night. he has 2 goals in the league v 4 for nani, nani has 8 assists. cant see a stat for Bale in the league, does he have any? bale has done better in europe, but i think his performances v inter are making his stats and overall performance look better.

bales entire game is based on his assists from taking on a full back. he offers very little else to the game for spurs. nani has assists from all different outlets be it taking on the full back, crosses, layoffs

and people would also i feel, vote bale as Nani is a bit of a prat or people just dont like him.

am i right in saying overall stats are - assists goal

nani -> 9 - 5
    bale -> 3 - 5

??? cant seem to see stats for bale on assists on the official site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

nani for me, cos right now he is more consistent. nani has been super in the league so far this year. bale has been average to good in most games in the league and had 1 decent game against inter and one great game last night. he has 2 goals in the league v 4 for nani, nani has 8 assists. cant see a stat for Bale in the league, does he have any? bale has done better in europe, but i think his performances v inter are making his stats and overall performance look better.

bales entire game is based on his assists from taking on a full back. he offers very little else to the game for spurs. nani has assists from all different outlets be it taking on the full back, crosses, layoffs

and people would also i feel, vote bale as Nani is a bit of a prat or people just dont like him.

am i right in saying overall stats are - assists goal

nani -> 9 - 5
    bale -> 3 - 4

??? cant seem to see stats for bale on assists on the official site.

If you're going to judge it on assists then you should really be looking at potential assists because it's not Bale's fault that his crosses are not being converted to goals by his team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Malouda,

joint top scorer in the league with how many?

GYI0059422433_crop_450x500.jpg?1264645045

:)

Seriously though probably Nani for consistency in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/partying-man-city-golfers-get-rounds-andrews-7341739/
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Bale, no question!
    Bale takes it hands down.
    Mgoraf wrote: »
    Bale without doubt.

:mad::mad::mad:

these posts really bug me. can people care to back up their statements like this without just looking like a child?

if it was so clear, there wouldnt be a need for a poll or a thread.

the difference here is opinion, not fact. if its down to facts, nani has been more consistent and has more goals and assists this season and im sure over his career. Nani also has a decent portuguese international pedigree where you cant say that for bale playing for wales.

to say there is clear daylight between the players is just madness and has more to do with bale having 2 good games v inter in the past 2 weeks and the fact nani is a united player and acts the d*ck sometimes, than actual ability.

they are both top players on top of their game at the moment, but Nani is doing better more consistently right now.

also, people seem to forget that a few months back, bale was a laughing stock who took what, 30 odd games in the prem before he was on a winning side and was being loaned out to the championship last january. Nani has 2 premier league medals, playing a massive part in the first, one champions league medal, 2 carling cups and one world club cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Johner wrote: »
    Malouda,

joint top scorer in the league with how many?

A mod should rename the thread "Bale or Nani? Who's the second best winger in the league?"

:D

Essien wrote: »
    A mod should rename the thread "Bale or Nani? Who's the second best winger in the league?"

:D
    I know this is Tongue in cheek but the title doesn't actually claim either is the greatest but asks which would u prefer

:mad::mad::mad:

these posts really bug me. can people care to back up their statements like this without just looking like a child?

if it was so clear, there wouldnt be a need for a poll or a thread.

the difference here is opinion, not fact. if its down to facts, nani has been more consistent and has more goals and assists this season and im sure over his career. Nani also has a decent portuguese international pedigree where you cant say that for bale playing for wales.

to say there is clear daylight between the players is just madness and has more to do with bale having 2 good games v inter in the past 2 weeks and the fact nani is a united player and acts the d*ck sometimes, than actual ability.

they are both top players on top of their game at the moment, but Nani is doing better more consistently right now.

also, people seem to forget that a few months back, bale was a laughing stock who took what, 30 odd games in the prem before he was on a winning side and was being loaned out to the championship last january. Nani has 2 premier league medals, playing a massive part in the first, one champions league medal, 2 carling cups and one world club cup.

you didnt read my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

How is Bale winning this poll?

Because he's better.
    Not everyone is wearing red-tinted glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

THFC wrote: »
    Because he's better.

Well Rafael handled him fairly easily last week. Nani has being much more standout in the Premiership the Bale

THFC wrote: »
    Because he's better.

how is he better?

prove it to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Completely unbiased view here, and I'd have to go with Gareth Bale. He's been absolutely superb all season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement