Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bale or Nani?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

THFC wrote: »
    He took his time maturing though...

So did Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

#15 wrote: »
    So did Drogba.
    Drogba didn't start playing professionally until he was 21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

eagle eye wrote: »
    Drogba didn't start playing professionally until he was 21.

I think that's his point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I honestly don't understand how Bale is winning this. If you made this thread on Tuesday afternoon it'd look completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

no contest , bale all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

BERBA wrote: »

Unless that day happens to be when United play Spurs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

At the moment it would be Bale. Nani is seriously annoying with his antics - not an anti utd thing - simply stating a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Well on the left wing I would say Bale, but the fact Nani is now proven to be a class act on both wings he just nicks it. Bale is that bit better at crossing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

BERBA wrote: »

Must have had his lucky jocks in the wash last Saturday!!!!!!!LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Bale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

kryogen wrote: »
    so your claim (backed up by wikipedia of all things, is that we paid about 17 million for him, other valuations, including another part of the all knowing wiki have it at 14 million, i believe it to be around 12 million with add ons

It's not my claim, 25.5 million euro, if you actually looked there is three citations on that link anyway. I wouldn't quote wikipedia otherwise, what is the point?

Oh right, you believe it to be, umm, great? So what's this based on exactly? You seemed to have skipped over my question conveniently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Ush1 wrote: »
    It's not my claim, 25.5 million euro, if you actually looked there is three citations on that link anyway. I wouldn't quote wikipedia otherwise, what is the point?

Oh right, you believe it to be, umm, great? So what's this based on exactly? You seemed to have skipped over my question conveniently.

Yeah, well done. If you actually looked at the citation links you'll see that they say either 14 million or 17 million

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Yeah, well done. If you actually looked at the citation links you'll see that they say either 14 million or 17 million

Great, you're a genius. He said the fee was less, how does he know which figure is correct is what I'm asking.

Nani was bought for a reported fee of up to 25.5 million. I'm sorry, well not really, but that's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

What would have been the outcome of this poll a few weeks ago eh? Would there have even been a poll.

Nani's attitude helps people not like him as Ronaldo's attitude sways people towards voting for Messi without a second thought.

Bale has been doing very well lately and now it's to see whether or not he can keep up this form. I'd give it a lot longer before making a proper opinion regards the Nani v Bale thing.

The fact that Nani plays for United, it gives some people an automatic reason to vote for whoever the non United player would be.

On my part, at the moment, it's Nani. As I said above, if Bale continues to impress and Nani for whatever reason doesn't, then I may change my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Malouda
    Bale
    Nani
    Kilbane

In that order
    (except Kilbane)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

papagormo wrote: »
    Malouda
    Bale
    Nani
    Kilbane

In that order
    (except Kilbane)
    You're right.

Kilbane
    Malouda
    Bale
    Nani

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Great, you're a genius. He said the fee was less, how does he know which figure is correct is what I'm asking.

Nani was bought for a reported fee of up to 25.5 million. I'm sorry, well not really, but that's a fact.

:pac:

The bit in bold is the important bit. Up to 25.5m includes 1m just as much as it includes 25m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

curry-muff wrote: »
    I don't see where you are getting that from, Nani has been consistent since the start of the season this year, hence why even his doubters are turning into admirers.

Really?

Can't really remember him doing a whole alot other than the nice goal he got against West Ham in the early stages of the season. I'd say it's been the last 2-3 weeks that he's started to hit form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Bale, simply because the team would more than likely be lacking a left-winger in any case. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i honestly believe that if you put up a thread on who you would want in your team, McShane or Nani, well you see where im going with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Hilarious thread, shame the poll is private, I would have preferred to rub it in peoples faces when nani proves he is better and bale fades off the map in coming weeks.

And LOFL at calling the two inter games massive games, massive for spurs, not for inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nani supposedly had a £14m(not sure if it's € or £ but will go with the higher) roughly buyout clause, why would United pay that much extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Nani for Micheal Jackson videos, Bale for football matches.

:pac:

The bit in bold is the important bit. Up to 25.5m includes 1m just as much as it includes 25m.

Doesn't work in this instance as it's the reported bit also that's important. Unless you can show somewhere which reported him being bought for 1 million.

Liam O wrote: »
    Nani supposedly had a £14m(not sure if it's € or £ but will go with the higher) roughly buyout clause, why would United pay that much extra?

Most likely there is varying estimates reported on the buyout clause, same as the transfer fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nani. I really can't see how Bale is winning this by so much other than Nani being a bit of a twat. His assists and goals win it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

if i was putting on a play i would pick nani great actor if i was choosing a player for a match bale hes twice the player nani is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ricero wrote: »
    if i was putting on a play i would pick nani great actor if i was choosing a player for a match bale hes twice the player nani is

Really getting fed up with these types of comments.

No freaking way Bale is twice the player Nani is. Just because you don't like Nani doesn't mean he is a poor player. Fact is Nani has outperformed Bale in terms of assists and goals this season, and since August of last season too (i think...)

Bale has great potential, and is already a very good player - but to say he is twice the player Nani is, is quite frankly rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ah yes Gareth "flavour of the week" Bale is now suddenly a super star. Are we seriously putting up a thread about a chap who has 2 goals and no assists this season and has really only played two decent matches in the past year and a bit against Nani 4 goals 8 asists and has been great since the start of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ridicolous poll.

Nani is an insufferable twat granted, but he has been immense for Utd this season(not a United fan btw).

Bale has looked quite ordinary in a lot of games i've seen this season. Rafa was hilariously inept in counter-acting the threat he poses.

Nani has rarely failed to impress me when he's actually playing football and not acting like a circus clown.

Stats are in Nani's favour too.

Anyone voting Bale has either blown the two games against Inter WAY out of proportion, or is an ABU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fuhrer wrote: »
    European Games - Bale

League Games - Nani

I agree with Fuhrer here, Bale for Europe and Nani for the league but he's not just flavour of the week, he's been in excellent form since the middle of last season. No he hasn't scored as many goals as Nani or had as many assists but the problem is that Spurs don't have as good a conversion ratio as Utd do, and what's an assist without a goal to finish it off? Nothing. Bale has set up plenty of opportunities for the strikers to finish chances but they haven't been able to. If you put Bale on the Utd team with their finishing ability, he'd undoubtedly have a higher assists figure.

I like Nani as a player, he's tempremental but brilliant - I don't like his antics, but that can't take away from his obvious talents. In summation, I think they're both really excellent players and any team would be happy to have either of them on their side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really getting fed up with these types of comments.

No freaking way Bale is twice the player Nani is. Just because you don't like Nani doesn't mean he is a poor player. Fact is Nani has outperformed Bale in terms of assists and goals this season, and since August of last season too (i think...)

Bale has great potential, and is already a very good player - but to say he is twice the player Nani is, is quite frankly rubbish.

being honest id rather florent malouda and ashley young then either bale or nani cant stand nani i admit hes been good this season but his theatrics annoy me(ronaldo taught him well before he left). i agree everyones up bales ass at the moment and it does annoy me but hes been impressive i love his work rate.

i dunno, i just prefer bale tbh. next ryan giggs tbh.
    nani is very good though, will be interesting to see how his career pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Jazzy wrote: »
    i dunno, i just prefer bale tbh. next ryan giggs tbh.
    nani is very good though, will be interesting to see how his career pans out

GTFO, next Giggs my hole, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

GTFO, next Giggs my hole, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

i remember giggs at 21 and they are very similar. just because you dont like it, doesnt mean that it isnt close to the truth. giggs (i think) is the most successful footballer in british history and was a young welsh prodigy. bale too seems to be a young welsh prodigy and has a lot of time to make things happen. dont write him off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Wonder if this poll had only started today, how different would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Luckily logical opinions are not based on one game. (In which the entire team under performs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I wonder how the poll would go if it started after a poor Nani game? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

M5 wrote: »
    I wonder how the poll would go if it started after a poor Nani game? :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous. There's no such thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I shall make my own ratings to emphasis how good either are on either wing and their overall contributions... ;)

Left wing :

Bale 9/10
    Nani 4/10

Right wing :

Bale 0/10
    Nani 8/10

Goal scoring :

Bale 6/10
    Nani 8/10

Assists :

Bale 8/10
    Nani 10/10