Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Library still closed

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

So Rathmines library is to remain closed until at least Summer 2011? - that's 1.5 years to put in a lift!

The temp library is pretty useless and closes daily at 5pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

Ballyfermot Library is in a similar situation - closed temporarily for refurbishment in mid September, 2009. Still closed and no date for reopening. There is some kind of arrangement set up in the foyer of the Civic Centre but it's pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

It's a bloody disgrace ballyfermot Library has been closed for so long.
    How long does it take to fix a friggin leak in a roof :mad:

Sorry to hear Rathmines Library has followed suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

I get the impression there is definitely something fishy going on with all these extended "renovations".

They only started the Rathmines work outside in September. Wouldn't surprise me if they keep the library closed for another year.

Also I notice there are a lot less new books coming in to Dublin libraries. I constantly have to go to borrowbooks.ie to find anything. Anyone else noticed this?

Advertisement