Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet Another HWVS Question

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just emailed HWVS with a request to amend my order, and got a ticket number. Is the query still processing or do I need to resend it with the ticket number attached? I'd guess the former but the wording is a bit ambiguous (thanks Google Translate! :rolleyes::p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

id say they are processing it and just want to acknowlege receipt of your query. good luck with it, their email support is slow and takes minimum of a day to get a reply usually, its frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I never got a reply when i emailed them but my query was just a general one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

is Solitaire finally getting his pc together?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

PC? Yes ;)

Case? No :( Too poor :(

Until I get more money together (or sponsorship!) it'll be inhabiting a cardboard box! :o:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I've had varying success with their email service. I think I've contacted them 4 times, and got replies (eventually) twice. If you haven't paid for the order yet, easiest and quickest thing to do is to just place another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

Solitaire wrote: »
    PC? Yes ;)

Case? No :( Too poor :(

Until I get more money together (or sponsorship!) it'll be inhabiting a cardboard box! :o:o

what are you getting if you dont mind me asking

From HWVS I'm getting a i5-760, GA-H55N-USB3, 4GB Corsair DDR3-1600 and a HD6850.

And the query was answered in good time, shame I can't send the remaining money until tomorrow thanks to the Ultimate GIGA-FAIL also known as AIB Online :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

nuxxx wrote: »
    I never got a reply when i emailed them but my query was just a general one

I've also had this. They don't seem to bother answering queries unless there's an order already placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lateralus358

I just set up an order there on monday and i'm waiting for the boi 365 confirmation letter to arrive so that i can transfer money but i was just looking at my notices on the profile and it says my case won't be back in stock until next tuesday. Can i wait till then to pay so i can make sure the case came back in to stock or is there a certain length of time you have until you pay the money for the order before they cancel it? I want to get everything all at once too cause i have absolutely no patience to wait for the case to come seperate! Sorry for butting in to the question but it's kinda relevant i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

i'm thinking bout ordering from hwvs in the next two weeks. is it alrite to use paypal cause from what i see everyone seems to be using bank transfers here?

• Advertisement

Some people have managed to get it to work but at least one has pointed out that GayPal will make quite a bit of money from you for such a big transaction! :(

Plus if you have (working!) Internet banking and a freshly malware-scanned PC the bank transfer is quick, easy and commission-free IIRC. It just takes a day or three extra to process...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I use Paypal the whole time time now because Paypal = instant payment and you secure your in-stock order, if the stock item gets depleted prior to your bank transfer getting to them then you're into that whole can of worms

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

can i just go into the bank and make a payment into their account there? is it the details you need from the email?

Yes and yes. You can also use phone and/or Internet banking to do so, although you'll still need the BIC/IBAN and possibly a Code Card or similar for International Transactions.

Just remember that as well as the BIC and IBAN you should use the two optional fields to put in your name and whatever else is pertinent (name in first, perhaps order or ticket no. in second) so HWVS can "see" whose transaction it is a bit more easily rather than having to look up the IBAN data ;)

ok ive never done one of these transactions before so im a bit confused by everything haha! if i take those details in and do it in the bank how do hwvs know where the payment has come from and associate it with my order?

BIC tells what bank is being paid, IBAN tells the bank what company is being payed for what transaction ;)

Of course, you make it easier for everyone if you pop hardwareversand.de into the receiver field and your name and order (or ticket, if adjusting price) no. into the first and second auxillary fields respectively, as you don't need to decode the IBAN to work out wtf is going on ;)

ok, i was just going to go into the bank and pay with these details they gave me:

Financial institution
    Remittee:
    Remittee account:
    Bank code:
    Amount:
    Intended purpose:
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.:
    IBAN No:

would that be enough? i thought they would do it at the cashiers desk or whatever its called :)

Don't know about BOI or the rest but AIB don't let staff do International Payments; you have to do it on the statement printer machine now. And all you need from that sheet of alphanumeric vomit is the BIC and IBAN, and optionally your order no. :p

ok thanks ill give it a shot on there so. and there are fields to enter those extra details on that machine yeah? ive never used one of those either ha, guess we are too spoilt these days for easier online payment methods eh?

Yep, you have to enter the receiver, IBAN, BIC, and then the two optional fields (then the amount on the next step) :)

If you have to amend the order later and it costs more than it did at first you can usually use the same IBAN and just enter the extra money you have to send. A different transaction, however, will have the same BIC but a new IBAN.

• Advertisement

how long does it usually take for payment to go through and them to acknowledge it? it presume it would change status on my orders page on the hwvs site or something? thanks very much for the help btw!

Unless you pay extra fees it takes 4 working days IIRC :o And yes, you get a status update :)

think i might just cough up the extra, my patience is wearing thin and i need this baby up and running! :D

hi, i was just wondering i there any way of amnding my order on there? or would i be better off canceling it and making a fresh one?

Amend it quick by emailing auftrag@hardwareversand.de before it ships and they'll try to open a service ticket and amend it for you. Catch is if the new total is higher than the old one you'll need to make another bank transfer to add the outstanding amount. To be fair it would be a fairly quick process (1-2 working days to sort it) if it wasn't for the added inertia of the bank transfers. Then again I had to order mine, bank transfer, then amend mine, and couldn't initiate the second bank transfer for a couple of days, and its still been shipped within a week (just waiting on delivery now!) ;)

ah very good, i shuld have come back on and said though i got onto them by email and asked if they could change it fr me and they have done, thankfully hadnt paid yet so i think ill just get a revised transfer details and keep it all in the one

Nice job, so long as its all in or coming into stock you shouldn't be waiting too long :)

Advertisement