Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying The Sims in the US

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to New York next week and was thinking of picking up a copy of The Sims 3 while I'm there. Are games restricted in the same way that DVDs are though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it PC or console?

I don't think PC games are, unless it's some sort of copy protection system on them. And I was under the impression taht Xbox games aren't, but some PS3 games are.

Ask in the games forum and you'll get a more definite answer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

PC (well, Mac). I suppose they'll be able to tell me in the shop over there.

Considering all the work I have on my plate these days, I really shouldn't be buying something as addictive as this...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It shouldn't be an issue. Only console games are normally region locked

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

yes they are, it wont be compatable with your base game cause that will be region 2 and America is region 1. It happened to a friend of mine when he bought it off ebay.

Advertisement