Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Satriani

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, to my shame ive never really took the time to listen to some of his stuff until recently.
    Always heard he was a genius on guitar etc but just never got round to actually listening to him.
    Thanks to youtube im enjoying immensely the few tracks im aware of.
    Id like to get more into his stuff especially his faster tracks like the ones below.
    Any suggestions on albums to pick up?
    Bloody hell hes amazing, up to now i always put John Petrucci,Angus,the Maiden boys up there as gods of guitar but Joe is on another level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Haven't really kept up with his recent output but his earlier albums Flying in a Blue Dream, Surfing with the Alien and The Extremist are top notch stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks, to my shame ive never really took the time to listen to some of his stuff until recently.
    Always heard he was a genius on guitar etc but just never got round to actually listening to him.
    Thanks to youtube im enjoying immensely the few tracks im aware of.
    Id like to get more into his stuff especially his faster tracks like the ones below.
    Any suggestions on albums to pick up?
    Bloody hell hes amazing, up to now i always put John Petrucci,Angus,the Maiden boys up there as gods of guitar but Joe is on another level.

I like Petruccis solo stuff better tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haven't really kept up with his recent output but his earlier albums Flying in a Blue Dream, Surfing with the Alien and The Extremist are top notch stuff :cool:
    SWTA is pure awesomeness, Satch Boogie is brilliant, his best album in my opinion. The Extremist ain't too far behind.

Edit: And speaking of Petrucci...

:) Never gets old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

+1 , especially The Extremist for me ... amazing album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Always nice to see a new convert to the Satch.

He played here just two weeks ago in Vicar Street. I went and his performance blew my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Always With Me Always With You from Expo 92 has always been a favourite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqg4XeSbSbw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Always nice to see a new convert to the Satch.

He played here just two weeks ago in Vicar Street. I went and his performance blew my mind.

AH ffs, i was hoping to hear of a gig soon to go to :(

Advertisement