Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dryer trips the house electrics contactor! :eek: Why?!!

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Folks,
    I have a problem with dryer model INDESIT 7 kg 1S70C.
    It's working ok at present BUT it tends to trip the house electrics contactor at the fuseboard when working and will not start up again for a period of time, maybe 1 or 6 hours or the following day.

Its only two years old max
    Its been suggested to me that it may be a problem with the motor. i.e something causing a short inside which is tripping the switch....

Any ideas ? I have no clue and am about to burst with frustration.

Thx in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Indesit and hotpoint are the same dryer. This is a common problem with them.

I can tell you how to fix the problem and then explain to you how to stop it coming back.

Plug out the dryer
    There is a bubble at the back of your dryer. There is about 10 screws in it. You need to take this off. Then water will flow out the bottom. Not much about a table spoon. Then use a hair dryer to dry the element and put it all back together.

To fix the problem long term all you have to do is clean out the pump at the back at the base.

Do the top bit first then pm me if i am right and i will give you my phone number and explain how to do the bottom bit.

You will need to do this as it will eventually burn the element out as the water hitting it is whats causeing the power to trip

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Humblepie

this is precisely the reason boards.ie is one of the best sites.

Thanks so much for this. I hope to get a chance later.
    Fair play Joey the lips, thats legend.

Advertisement