Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Tribune : excuse for a newspaper

Options
  • 03-11-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

This week's edition of the Tullamore Tribune is a joke. Pages and pages of pictures and very little news. How they continue to get away with publishing this excuse of a paper is beyond me. Do the journalists working with the paper have no pride in their work? Pictures of people at Halloween parties is not news. This town deserves better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

The rest of the best of the Halloween pictures will be in next week's issue, and of course a lot of the same photographs can be found in the other local rags, this week, next week and the week after. That should bring us up to the Christmas party season of photographs.

The town and village notes could do with an overhaul, a little imagination would go a long way. I'm not a sports person but if I were I'd be happy with the sports coverage. I'd like to see a little more local poets and short story writers every week and perhaps an outlet for young people to review gigs etc. whether local or in Dublin or London or wherever.

I always enjoy OHS contributions, always interesting and well written with interesting old photographs.

The Syndicated Features aren't always interesting just used as page fillers I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I guess it's hard to report news if there is no news...

*ducks for cover*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I only buy it for the court appearances which unfortunately don't seem to be worth the paper they're written on since neilan left us. God that man was hilarious.

This week, looks like someones family album or something. Picture after picture after picture, come on guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I find it handy for puttin at the front door when its rainin to catch the water off your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I have to say the Offaly Independant is no great shakes either. When you can't get to sleep and you need something to read other than a novel say, the Farmer's Journal is hard to beat. I've become an avid reader of late ;) The Offaly Express is not too bad though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I have to say the Offaly Independant is no great shakes either. When you can't get to sleep and you need something to read other than a novel say, the Farmer's Journal is hard to beat. I've become an avid reader of late ;) The Offaly Express is not too bad though !

at least the offaly indo is free... has less ads than the tribune and often beats the tribune to the local news. often you see headlines in the offaly indo that re-appear in the tribune front page the following wednesday. when you scrape out the adverts in the tribune you are left with very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pretty awful publication, nothing more than advertising spreadsheet and even these sections are dwindling as few businesses have the money to advertise. I'm not from Tullamore, moved to the midlands 10 years ago and it occurred to me all the local rags would be better served pooling resources to develop one quality newspaper. The amount of Local papers in the region is mind boggling with most of them covering the same stories albeit will a local twist depending on the catchment area. I just can't fathom how any are making any money.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I buy it for the articles:rolleyes::rolleyes: (or was that Playboy?)

Advertisement