Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Bus to Galway from North Clare

• 03-11-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭

I'm considering a move to Galway at the moment and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are private bus services between North Clare and the city, Fridays and Sundays especially. The travel options with Bus Eireann from Lisdoonvarna and Ennistymon aren't too great. Something leaving about 5 and doing the journey in about an hour or a bit with it is what I have in mind. Hope there is someone who can help! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I'm afraid public transport in this area is a disaster.

You might try www.catconnects.ie. They have at least a connection to Gort. But it's still not very handy.

Otherwise:
    Bus 423, which links Galway with towns in county Clare, stops in Kinvara. From late May to late November, Bus Éireann’s Galway–Killarney bus 50 stops in Kinvara three to four times daily Monday to Saturday, and twice on Sunday. For more details contact Galway bus station (091-562 000).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Phil Fahy in ennistymon used do it. Ill ask his daughter tomorrow.PM me for his number.

Advertisement