Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new blonde hair snapping!

• 03-11-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi all,
    ive recently gone blonde from dark brown and find my blonde hair is snapping off about an inch or 2 from the roots and a lot more from the middle.
    as im new to blonde what can i buy that might prevent more breakage as ive to get another set of highlights done in a few weeks to get the shade im looking for...its freaking me out! :eek:

i use Argan oil, Redken Extreme Anti-snap (brilliant), Aussie Dual personality Curl serum (to tame the sticky out bits), L'Oreal Damage control shampoo (not sure thats the real name?) and Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner.
    I try not to blow-dry my hair too often and never use straighteners,
    so any ideas welcome! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Can't recommend this shampoo enough.

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_us/resistance-bain_de_force.htm

It's a bit pricey but it's well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

+1

I too have naturally dark brown hair but have been getting highlights for eight years and the Kerastase range is definitely the best. It might seem like an investment but you just need a tiny amount and the bottles last for ages. I alternate between the yellow/orange range (conditioning), the green range (strengthening) and the pink range occassionally for special occasions when I want extra shine etc. Try to purchase these online from a reputable online providers- I use hqhair.com and I have only ever had good experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

http://www.joico.com/products/haircare/kpak

kpak products are amazing for it - esp liquid reconstructor and deep hydrator mask.
    Hair should not be breaking off - it sounds like lightener was left on for too long. Very very bad for the hair - I wouldnt go back to same stylist for more highlights if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Can't recommend this shampoo enough either and I've been getting highlights for about ten years so I've tried everything. If you go through this beaut.ie link you'll get 2.5% off anything on feelunique.com, and delivery to Ireland is free (yay!)
    http://beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4102#p17514
    It usually ends up taking about a euro off the price of Kerastase shampoos for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cmrm

thanks for the replies!

so with the Kerastase i should go for the Green range?

Ive never heard of K-Pak-ill have a look at the website to check it out-what would you recommend?

• Advertisement

I've only ever used the green range from Kerastase because it was recommended for me since I had a bleach up by a hairdresser.

As someone else mentioned as well, you don't need to use much of it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Hi Everyone,

Know this is an old thread but my hair has recently started to break and I'm looking for any additional advice anyone might have.

I have mid length light brown hair and have been getting blonde highlights for years without much problem however lately it's breaking to the point where people are asking me if I've cut my hair or had it layered. It's fine hair anyway so really can't do without the hair that's breaking off to begin with!!

I'm using all Kerastase products including the green range and have just taken a course of the Kerastase densifying tablets as I've a family occassion in a few weeks that I'm really trying to get my hair back in shape for. I've also stopped using the straighteners and am limiting the blow drying as much as possible.

If anyone has any advice or similar experiences I'd be most grateful of any help!!

Redken Anti-Snap is very good.

But tbh, I had the same problem as you and I was like 'Ah it'll be grand if I use all these products' but what you need is a good cut.

I left it too long and had to get a boy cut. Don't let this happen to you!!!

Oh God, really? Hmm that's not inspiring but the truth hurts eh?! Right well maybe better to get the cut done now while I've time to get used to it before the wedding - I'll check out the Anti-Snap too cheers ;)

Oh God, really? Hmm that's not inspiring but the truth hurts eh?! Right well maybe better to get the cut done now while I've time to get used to it before the wedding - I'll check out the Anti-Snap too cheers ;)

I had a bleach up so would be more harsh than yours but a good trim will do you the world of good.

Speak to your hairdresser and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

One of the girls in work has bleached the head off herself 4 times in the last month or so.

We're all waiting with bated breath for it to start falling off her head.

First it was dark brown (natural), then streaky blonde, then all over blonde, then white blonde (dark brown roots) and now she has some sort of purple rinse in it.

It's only a matter of time before she's in a wig IMO.

One of the girls in work has bleached the head off herself 4 times in the last month or so.

We're all waiting with bated breath for it to start falling off her head.

First it was dark brown (natural), then streaky blonde, then all over blonde, then white blonde (dark brown roots) and now she has some sort of purple rinse in it.

It's only a matter of time before she's in a wig IMO.

How is that of any benefit to the OP?

cmrm wrote: »
    hi all,
    ive recently gone blonde from dark brown and find my blonde hair is snapping off about an inch or 2 from the roots and a lot more from the middle.
    as im new to blonde what can i buy that might prevent more breakage as ive to get another set of highlights done in a few weeks to get the shade im looking for...its freaking me out! :eek:

Because of this obviously, not that I know the OP, but I wouldn't like her to end up half bald from overdyeing her hair either?! Sounds like her hair is already damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I love Redken deep fuel protein treatment, it's so much better than the anti snap, I think it has been discontinued, I don't know why though :confused: but you'll still be able to find some on some websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Hi Everyone,

Know this is an old thread but my hair has recently started to break and I'm looking for any additional advice anyone might have.

I have mid length light brown hair and have been getting blonde highlights for years without much problem however lately it's breaking to the point where people are asking me if I've cut my hair or had it layered. It's fine hair anyway so really can't do without the hair that's breaking off to begin with!!

I'm using all Kerastase products including the green range and have just taken a course of the Kerastase densifying tablets as I've a family occassion in a few weeks that I'm really trying to get my hair back in shape for. I've also stopped using the straighteners and am limiting the blow drying as much as possible.

If anyone has any advice or similar experiences I'd be most grateful of any help!!
    Hi, My hair is the very same, very fine mid lenght and brown, I've stopped highliting it as it caused breakage and I find Skin/hair vitiman supplements help make it look fuller. My hair was starting to grow again and look ok until I used a brown coloured hair dye that made my hair porous again and break
    Let me know how you get on with the products. For nights out etc. I find the clip on hair extention and ponytails great and they look very natural. Boots have some affordable good clipon hair stuff

Because of this obviously, not that I know the OP, but I wouldn't like her to end up half bald from overdyeing her hair either?! Sounds like her hair is already damaged.

Oh come on. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't going to need a wig anytime soon.

Mountain out of a moehill.

She just needs to get a good trim and use so decent treatments on it.

Oh come on. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't going to need a wig anytime soon.

Mountain out of a moehill.

She just needs to get a good trim and use so decent treatments on it.

I didn't say the OP would need a wig, I said the girl in work who has died her hair 5 times in the last month or so would at the rate she was going. The OP has damaged hair and is already talking about dyeing it again. I would think not dyeing it repeatedly would be the best thing she can do for it until it recovers.

I didn't say the OP would need a wig, I said the girl in work who has died her hair 5 times in the last month or so would at the rate she was going. The OP has damaged hair and is already talking about dyeing it again. I would think not dyeing it repeatedly would be the best thing she can do for it until it recovers.

You're right about not dying it repeatedly that it would benefit her as well.

But I don't see any reason for you to mention your friend in work. The OP doesn't "bleach the head off herself" and hasn't mentioned anything getting 4/5 dyings in a month so it's completely irrelevant.

It's like you're trying to scare her into never dying her hair again.

Anyway the OP has gotten some good info from this thread so I'm bowing out now.

Thanks for all the suggestions/advice. I'm taking Vitamin B complex and a skin hair and nails supplement whilst continuing to focus on taking as much care of the hair as possible. Will get a cut next week also which will hopefully assist.

Cheers All :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lilacmoon

Will get a cut next week also which will hopefully assist.

Yup, well I've personally found that a cut can mean the difference between it looking damaged or in good nick. Maybe you should also consider using minimal heat on it (letting it airdry etc) and laying off the bleach for a while, or maybe opting for a darker blonde instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement