Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault extend scrappage deals

Options
  • 03-11-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Renault is to extend its scrappage deals for owners who take delivery of their new cars in January 2011.

The French firm has enjoyed unprecedented success in 2010 thanks in part to its generous incentives, which have offered discounts in addition to the Government scrappage allowance.

Customers who order their new Renault in November will be able to take delivery of a new car in January 2011 and pay the current scrappage offer price, irrespective of whether the Government continues the scrappage scheme in 2011. Renault will therefore subsidise whatever difference there may be between the current offer and the cost in January. A spokesperson for Renault would not be drawn on whether Renault would continue its current deals throughout 2011.

The firm has also announced that they will offer new special editions in the line-up in 2011. The Renault "Irish Edition" models of the Mégane, Fluence and Laguna will be high-specification versions at the top of the range. They will feature 17-inch alloy wheels, a sports chassis including lowered suspension and a body kit among other features. The Mégane Coupé Irish Edition will cost €24,200, but with scrappage offers will drop to €19,200 for the 90hp dCi diesel.

Renault has also confirmed that it will sell the Wind roadster in Ireland. The open-top car will come with a 100hp petrol engine and will cost €24,990.

http://www.completecar.ie/news/article/417/Renault-announces-new-model-line-up-for-2011-and-guaranteed-scrappage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Renault has also confirmed that it will sell the Wind roadster in Ireland. The open-top car will come with a 100hp petrol engine and will cost €24,990.

Strange i saw a white one on the road 2 months ago:confused::confused:
    The Mégane Coupé Irish Edition will cost €24,200, but with scrappage offers will drop to €19,200 for the 90hp dCi diesel.

Could they not of given us the 2l DCI or at the very least the more powerful 1.5 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭CompleteCarGuy

You can get the more powerful 1.5 too with 110hp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

johnos1984 wrote: »

Could they not of given us the 2l DCI or at the very least the more powerful 1.5 :mad:

There is going to be a 2ltr 150hp Laguna coming, the might put that engine into other models.

johnos1984 wrote: »

Yea they had one in for us to review and give feedback on

http://www.completecar.ie/testdrives/article/Renault/null/Wind/288/239

Bodhan wrote: »
    There is going to be a 2ltr 150hp Laguna coming, the might put that engine into other models.

The 2ltr is already in the Mégane its just not imported into Ireland. I drove one in Scotland recently and was very impressed. Given I hated the 1.5dci in the coupé it was a pleasant surprise

• Advertisement

Yea their 2.0-litre diesels are pretty good alright. Renault certainly aren't taking their foot off the gas for next year from what I learned from talking to them last night

Yea their 2.0-litre diesels are pretty good alright. Renault certainly aren't taking their foot off the gas for next year from what I learned from talking to them last night

Fair play to them. I've had my fingers burned in the past as has my mate but if they are upping the quality I would consider another one in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

What's the story with the Vans? does the trade-in need to have DOE? Is there a 5 year warranty on vans?

Poly wrote: »
    What's the story with the Vans? does the trade-in need to have DOE? Is there a 5 year warranty on vans?

RENAULT ANNOUNCES IRELAND’S FIRST EVER VAN SCRAPPAGE – NEW KANGOO FROM €8,990*, TRAFIC FROM €12,990* AND ALL NEW MASTER FROM €14,490* - VANOMENAL!

Announcing yet another first in the Irish motor industry, Renault Ireland will launch its new van scrappage scheme on 4th October, giving van owners the opportunity to scrap their five years or older van and purchase one of Europe’s number one best selling van range.

The announcement of Renault’s Van Scrappage scheme launches a year after the company’s pioneering car scrappage scheme. One car out of five taking benefit of government scrappage is a Renault.

The van scrappage scheme gives van owners the opportunity to purchase a new Renault Kangoo, Trafic or the all new Master from just €8,990* and also avail of the 5 years unlimited mileage warranty as standard, a major plus for all van owners.

Renault’s ‘scrap my van’ offer applies to light commercial vehicles aged 5 years and older, registered on the 31st January 2006 or before.

Renault’s LCV range is Europe’s No.1 best selling van range and with a new look range of three Kangoo vans, a new model Master and new Trafic, Eric Basset, MD of Renault Ireland is confident the scheme and the new range will be a success.

“There are over 200,000 vans in Ireland aged 5 years or older and many owners want, or need to change but haven’t been able to until now. The Scrap My Van scheme not only gives small and medium business owners the chance to buy a brand new Renault van but you also get 5 years unlimited mileage warranty on top making it a very attractive proposition for van owners.

We are very proud of our new range of LCVs with three versions of the Kangoo now available to suit different business types, the new Trafic with its increased performance 2.0 dCi engine and the all new design Master which comes in either front or rear wheel drive specifications and has one of the lowest running cost in its segment”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Does the trade-in need a DOE?
    What's the max payload of a Master?
    Warranty on gearbox, clutch, injectors etc?
    If a towbar is fitted, does it void the warranty?

cheers
    P.

Edit: Good website btw

• Advertisement

cheers
    P.

Let me check with Renault on those - P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

well i guess they still need any excuse possible to convice people to buy a renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

cheers
    P.

A Master MM35 125ps has a Payload of 1,608kg (had to check that)

I know it's a full warranty, but you have to have the van serviced within 1 week or 1,000km of due, otherwise warranty is void.

Poly I asked Renault about your queries

DOE not requested

- The Max Payload is 2,176Kg on a LML 45 TW (RWD)

-The 5 years warranty is similar coverage as manufacturer warranty, so covers gearbox, clutch, injectors etc... Towbar does not affect the warranty conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

''The firm has also announced that they will offer new special editions in the line-up in 2011. The Renault "Irish Edition" models of the Mégane, Fluence and Laguna will be high-specification versions at the top of the range. They will feature 17-inch alloy wheels, a sports chassis including lowered suspension and a body kit among other features. The Mégane Coupé Irish Edition will cost €24,200, but with scrappage offers will drop to €19,200 for the 90hp dCi diesel.''

Just looking at the Renault brochure from Liffey Valley Renault today and the retail price on the above model is €25,624. Looks like they've hiked up the price of a new car to compensate for the scrappage scheme. I got quoted an apparent '6k' discount including scrappage on a 10 year old car.

Advertisement