Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post / Airmail Delivery Delays to USA

Options
  • 03-11-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

In the past three months (August and October) I have sent two different airmail letters to two different addresses in the US. Neither have yet reached their destination. I am hoping the October letter will eventually arrive.

I went to Westport Post Office to report missing mail and was given the appropriate form.

However the clerk told me that there had been a lot of complaints recently, across Ireland, about delays in delivery to the USA.

My question: has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

i send alot of mail to the usa every week , and iv never had a problem , some stuff arives in 3 days some takes over a week , but it always arrives there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

fjk4 wrote: »
    I went to Westport Post Office to report missing mail and was given the appropriate form.

Were these sent by registered post, or just regular Airmail? If regular Airmail, then filling in this form will be an exercise in futility. When post goes missing, it's pretty much gone forever, especially if it went missing on the US side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fjk4

Thanks for the responses.

The letters were sent by regular Airmail. (Ironically the document in letter #2 was issued to replace the document in letter #1 but, as I say, it was sent to a different address).

I used to live in the US so I've been mailing stuff both directions for years and never lost anything.

Guess I'll be tracking everything from now on.

Advertisement