Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bearings for cup-and-cone wheel service

• 03-11-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

Where (Dublin or online) can I buy loose ball bearings for a standard cup-and-cone wheel hub service? I need 3/16'' diameter for the front and 1/4'' diameter for the rear.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

If you don't mind dealing with Halfrauds, then you should be able to pick up bearings in any store that sells bikes/BSOs.

A lot come already in cages but if you dont want them you could just pop them out of the cage and use them loose

Failing that any bike shop worth it's salt should have loose bearings a plenty and at little cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

thinkbike in rathmines sell them loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Are you rebuilding the wheel again or just doin the hub?

If you're interested I have a new/unused Shimano 105(mid 90's) 36h hub I'd sell for 10euro, I can replace the old grease(should still be ok) with dura ace grease just to have it fresh again. Its never been laced up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Are you rebuilding the wheel again or just doin the hub?

If you're interested I have a new/unused Shimano 105(mid 90's) 36h hub I'd sell for 10euro, I can replace the old grease(should still be ok) with dura ace grease just to have it fresh again. Its never been laced up

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just cleaning out the hubs and replacing the bearings.

Square Wheels in Temple Bar sorted me out for the bits.

I'm looking forward to my average speed increasing by a serious amount! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement