Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just-eat.ie €5 feast for Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

sheesh, the amount of bitchiness on this forum the last month is getting silly

will ye all just chill

I second this motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't think so, was wearing a green commerce hoodie! Although I wasn't the only one in there getting the meal, there was a fella before me getting the same thing!

Either way...i'm feelin a lil worse for wear now..some feed!

Green/Blue sure what's the diff :pac: Yeah I think that was you.... I was the hungry monk in there before ya gettin one too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Sweet and sour chicken and chips, chicken balls,prawn crackers and coke. €5. OP you are a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Wow great offer OP. This is going to be one unhealthy month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hope this offer lasts
    Seaneh wrote: »
    open till the 31st I think.
    s_carnage wrote: »
    Wow great offer OP. This is going to be one unhealthy month.

All 31 days of it ;)

Cheers for sharing the info OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Cheers OP, savage value there.
    Haven't eaten in a few of the places listed so it might be a nice way to experiment.

I just hope there's a boards deal for half price lipo-suction in December!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Seaneh wrote: »
    The tasty bites deal is the best (well, size wise anyway) by the looks of things.

Donar, Chips, 2 pieces of chicken and a can, thats some feed. Their kebabs are nice too.

Either there's a mistake with the Tasty Bites offer, or else they're not fully honouring it, as I ordered that deal Tuesday night, didn't get the 2 pieces of chicken, tried it again last night - still no chicken - rang them back about it and they said the 2 pieces of chicken aren't part of the offer... :rolleyes:

The kebab was yummy though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Either there's a mistake with the Tasty Bites offer, or else they're not fully honouring it, as I ordered that deal Tuesday night, didn't get the 2 pieces of chicken, tried it again last night - still no chicken - rang them back about it and they said the 2 pieces of chicken aren't part of the offer... :rolleyes:

Yeah their kebabs are daycent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

That ain't on.

2 pieces of chicken clearly is part of the offer. You should email Just Eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

That ain't on.

2 pieces of chicken clearly is part of the offer. You should email Just Eat.

I gave them 2 chances to honour the deal and they didn't, if it's a mistake I don't know why that offer is still online though if it's a mistake and they haven't changed it..

I had thought about notifying Just Eat, however, they're a newish enough business here in Galway, and well there's enough businesses closing down as it is, I didn't want to go causing any major hassle for them, besides even without the chicken it's still a really good deal, the kebabs are huge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I gave them 2 chances to honour the deal and they didn't, if it's a mistake I don't know why that offer is still online though if it's a mistake and they haven't changed it..

I had thought about notifying Just Eat, however, they're a newish enough business here in Galway, and well there's enough businesses closing down as it is, I didn't want to go causing any major hassle for them, besides even without the chicken it's still a really good deal, the kebabs are huge!

Well the way I see it, it was Just Eat and Tasty Bites who were causing the hassle for yourself, and, I can only assume for anybody else who tried to avail of the offer they advertised between themselves.

I'am sure a kebab is plenty for one person, but despite this, it was themselves one way or another that are advertising a deal comprising of more than this.

They're not running this offer to feed the masses; their doing it to bring in customers. It maddens me when a business pull's a fast one, and gets away with it because people are to polite, like yourself, to take them up on it.

Tasty Bites, or a third party acting on THEIR behalf, made YOU an offer.
    They didn't fulfill their obligation, and you were the one out of pocket, albeit by a small amount.

The bottom line is they are luring people in with phantom chicken pieces!!!

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Wow, just had the special from the Curry House in Newcastle. Best value for money ever.
    Have a spring roll left over that I can't force down me. Anyone want it?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ya,I got one those kebab meals last night and no chicken. But christ that kebab was huge,didn't eat half of it. Got some pizza tonight with chips,2 cans and a dip for a fiver. Can't remember what it's called,Norios is it? Free delivery too,it was absolutely delicious too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Don't forget to click through www.fatcheese.ie to get 3% cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Myself and my bf got two of the feasts from Tasty Bites last night. From reading here we didnt expect to get any chicken pieces, but we got 2 pieces each as advertised and they were lovely! Tasty Bites mustve had a few complaints about the lack of chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Oh no, why did I open this thread.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Do places on the eastside of town deliver to the west? Is the food warm and in decent nick after that journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'm fairly sure I know the answer, but can you order stuff online and not give any card details or anything, just pay them the tenner or whatever when it arrives?

I'm fairly sure I know the answer, but can you order stuff online and not give any card details or anything, just pay them the tenner or whatever when it arrives?

You should be, the T&c's refer to paying cash on delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

yup you can pay cash on delivery.

• Advertisement

Which one of them represents the best deal for a €5 versus amount of food?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Which one of them represents the best deal for a €5 versus amount of food?

That kebab I got was huge,but any of them represent a good feed really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

snubbleste wrote: »
    Don't forget to click through www.fatcheese.ie to get 3% cashback.

So an extra 15cent off... :rolleyes:

Never saw that site before though, some decent deals via other shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Just got the Tasty Bites deal! selected collection but they turned up with it about 20 minutes before the collection time, with the chicken included, and only charged me the fiver! sorted! god I'm a lazy bastard...

spender.j wrote: »
    Just got the Tasty Bites deal! selected collection but they turned up with it about 20 minutes before the collection time, with the chicken included, and only charged me the fiver! sorted! god I'm a lazy bastard...

Might get the same tonight,minus the salad. Was it just that they delivered? Wasn't sure if there was a minimum delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

There is a minimum charge yeah, €2 for orders under €15... that's what surprised me! I can't finish it!

Ah 2 quid,not too bad. Aw stop man it's a huge feed. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

foto joe wrote: »
    So an extra 15cent off... :rolleyes:

Better than a kick in the hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BigMickFlavin

some value for a fiver. just had la salsa and the girlfriend had king ding picked it up ourself washed down with a can of heineken hard beat

• Advertisement

some value for a fiver. just had la salsa and the girlfriend had king ding picked it up ourself washed down with a can of heineken hard beat

Could be beaten by a few more cans.

Advertisement