Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just-eat.ie €5 feast for Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Just a heads up to anyone ordering from the this. The Himalayan looks like a lot of food but theres hardly anything in it! Very tasty but hardly what I would call a feast. The tasty bites offer is amazin though, huge amount of food in it and the donor is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Just a heads up to anyone ordering from the this. The Himalayan looks like a lot of food but theres hardly anything in it! Very tasty but hardly what I would call a feast. The tasty bites offer is amazin though, huge amount of food in it and the donor is delicious.

Very true! I got this last night and was very disappointed - it's basically like a mixed platter starter for one - not a great offer at all to be honest. Very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BigMickFlavin

greetings wrote: »
    Could be beaten by a few more cans.
    had a few cans more, 1 can left. need more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

cba to read the whole thead, offers look immense but I assume they all have a minimum order that's probably over a fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

cba to read the whole thead, offers look immense but I assume they all have a minimum order that's probably over a fiver?

nope - if you get delivery probably but if you go to collect it yourself you can order €5 worth of food and it's cool.

We had norio's tonight, 9" pizza + chips + sauce + two cans = €5
    I didn't even know they existed, but the pizza was awesome. And I'm going to the gym first thing tomorrow morning. And every day next week. As long as my stomach doesn't burst overnight.

(please let my stomach burst, I freakin' hate the gym)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'll be ordering from the site tomorrow for sure. Getting something delivered is usually so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Got charcoal grill last night, was yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Xiney wrote: »
    nope - if you get delivery probably but if you go to collect it yourself you can order €5 worth of food and it's cool.

We had norio's tonight, 9" pizza + chips + sauce + two cans = €5
    I didn't even know they existed, but the pizza was awesome. And I'm going to the gym first thing tomorrow morning. And every day next week. As long as my stomach doesn't burst overnight.

(please let my stomach burst, I freakin' hate the gym)

Norio's was fantastic,free delivery too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Got a feed from Golden Mountain last night. Tried "King Dings" first but they rejected my order because they were busy in the restaurant... :eek: Not cool. Got the same offer in Golden Mountain anyway.

Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Rice, Two huge spring rolls, two bags of prawn crackers and a can. €5 :) Good big dinner for two in it.

I'd ordered it to be delivered for 7.30 but arrived before 7, so they don't seem to take much notice of that.

Also worth noting what branch of the restaurant the offer is on. I very nearly ordered a Subway for collection yesterday before noticing it's the Subway in Westside, and not the one in town. I see the Charcoal is the one on Cross-street... will be tackling that during the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Ordered twice there from Golden mountain. I'd order well in advance because both times it took just over an hour to deliver. Saying that for €7.50 including delivery its a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

foto joe wrote: »
    Got a feed from Golden Mountain last night. Tried "King Dings" first but they rejected my order because they were busy in the restaurant... :eek: Not cool. Got the same offer in Golden Mountain anyway.

Being busy is a good sign!
    See if you use fatcheese, you'll be well on your way to getting a whopping not to be sniffed at 30c gratis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Must Say this is a very good offer, just ordered from Golden Mountain there expected delivery, 21.50 They must be very busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

Ordered from Subway in Galway today for my lunch. In fairness it is a great offer! Has anyone tried Curry House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Ordered from Subway in Galway today for my lunch. In fairness it is a great offer! Has anyone tried Curry House?

Had curry house last night, not bad, chips were very good and lots of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

had curry house last night myself. Good deal, their spring rolls were yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ordered some tonight, set it as Collect and paid cash on collection.
    So full now I can't fix the stuff in the shed I was going to. Ah, well theres always tomorrow...

biko wrote: »
    Ordered some tonight, set it as Collect and paid cash on collection.
    So full now I can't fix the stuff in the shed I was going to. Ah, well theres always tomorrow...

What did you indulge in biko?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some lovely chicken sweet'n'sour from restaurant something "Mountain", with can and prawn crackers.
    Gonna have to get some more of these feasts before they go :D

biko wrote: »
    Some lovely chicken sweet'n'sour from restaurant something "Mountain", with can and prawn crackers.
    Gonna have to get some more of these feasts before they go :D

We'll have to collectively get a boards offer on gym membership next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Got the wings onion wings and garlic bread out in knocknacarra. I was driving around looking for a pizzaria but it was in ballymoneen stores...
    Good value though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Felt like I should have been wearing a balaclava going into Golden Mountain this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ordered a feast from tasty bites just there. nom nom! Hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Got the wings onion wings and garlic bread out in knocknacarra. I was driving around looking for a pizzaria but it was in ballymoneen stores...
    Good value though
    I didn't know onions had wings!:D

I got da robertos pizza & drink deal at weekend
    online said it would be ready in about 45mins but they rang us about 15mins after we placed order to say if we left house in a couple mins it'd be ready by the time we arrived.
    great value would normally cost a tenner

Definately plan on getting king ding, curry house and la salsa
    don't like kebabs but great deal for charcoal

man we're all gonna be massive by end of month!:o

I gave King Ding a chance to make up for rejecting my order yesterday... and they did! Same offer as Golden Mountain but the food was better. Spring rolls were smaller but much nicer.
    • Sweet & Sour Chicken
    • Fried Rice (or Chips)
    • x2 Spring Rolls,
    • Prawn Crackers
    • Can

It actually makes a great meal for 2!

dsc0074ko.jpg

We added a second can (€1) and got it delivered for a very reasonable €2. So a really good take away dinner for €4 each, delivered! :cool:

Can other people upload photos so we can see what's the best offer going?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just ate the King Ding feast as well with my two housemates. 17 delivered for enough food that I had to lie down on the couch for twenty minutes afterward. Seriously. The amount of eating in each portion is staggering.

Did you finish it?! I was proper full after the half-feast above! Not uncomfortably stuffed... which is good!

Had curry house last night, not bad, chips were very good and lots of them

Cheers :)

foto joe wrote: »
    I gave King Ding a chance to make up for rejecting my order yesterday... and they did! Same offer as Golden Mountain but the food was better. Spring rolls were smaller but much nicer.
    • Sweet & Sour Chicken
    • Fried Rice (or Chips)
    • x2 Spring Rolls,
    • Prawn Crackers
    • Can

It actually makes a great meal for 2!

dsc0074ko.jpg

We added a second can (€1) and got it delivered for a very reasonable €2. So a really good take away dinner for €4 each, delivered! :cool:

Can other people upload photos so we can see what's the best offer going?...

That is an amazing picture of what you can get for €5!!! SAVAGE offer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Got subway last night. Bit of an arse pain as you have to specify bread salads and sauce. They basically made them when I went in to collect. Also the deal said 2 x bags of crisps that weren't included. Didn't push it though as A. I felt like I was robbing them already and B. I'm fat enough.

It fed 2 of us well and the cookies when nice with the post dinner cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Got subway last night. Bit of an arse pain as you have to specify bread salads and sauce. They basically made them when I went in to collect. Also the deal said 2 x bags of crisps that weren't included. Didn't push it though as A. I felt like I was robbing them already and B. I'm fat enough.

It fed 2 of us well and the cookies when nice with the post dinner cup of tea.

I thought the subway one was 2 crisps or 2 cookies...could be wrong here though

Advertisement