Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just-eat.ie €5 feast for Galway City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

fifib wrote: »
    I thought the subway one was 2 crisps or 2 cookies...could be wrong here though

Yip it is either or- http://blog.just-eat.ie/five-euro-feasts/galway-city/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

das kitty, it says cookies or crisps in offer but when you go to order online there's nothing about crisps...they only give drop down to let you choose which cookie
    there is an additional info box at bottom of page when you're ordering so could write your preferance in there

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

fifib wrote: »
    I thought the subway one was 2 crisps or 2 cookies...could be wrong here though

Ah right. It wasn't me that put through the order so I was working on 2nd hand info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Think I'll get Norio's again tonight.
    So far I've had that,Golden Mountain and Tasty Bites. All great feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

I tried The Villa in salthill - for handiness mainly as I was passing through.
    €5 deal is chicken curry, fried rice, 1/2 chicken balls & a can.
    What they didn't say that its the "small" chicken curry (curry & rice all in one container) - still, reasonably ok deal as it would normally cost €5.80 for the small curry alone -bed it certainly would not fede 2 as some of the other €5 deals.
    Food was only medium & they seem to have this deal going on anyway as there was a sign posted on the front door with no mention of justeat.ie

• Advertisement

holly8 wrote: »
    I tried The Villa in salthill - for handiness mainly as I was passing through.
    €5 deal is chicken curry, fried rice, 1/2 chicken balls & a can.
    What they didn't say that its the "small" chicken curry (curry & rice all in one container) - still, reasonably ok deal as it would normally cost €5.80 for the small curry alone -bed it certainly would not fede 2 as some of the other €5 deals.
    Food was only medium & they seem to have this deal going on anyway as there was a sign posted on the front door with no mention of justeat.ie

I had golden mountain,good size portion,you won't be disappointed.
    Tonight had Norio's again. Lovely pizza yet again,went for chicken and ham. Size of curry dip and chips with 2 cans of fanta. Seriously great for a fiver delivered with free delivery (I think there may be a minimum 10 quid delivery charge,2 of us got a fiver feast each.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

greetings wrote: »
    I had golden mountain,good size portion,you won't be disappointed.
    Tonight had Norio's again. Lovely pizza yet again,went for chicken and ham. Size of curry dip and chips with 2 cans of fanta. Seriously great for a fiver delivered with free delivery (I think there may be a minimum 10 quid delivery charge,2 of us got a fiver feast each.)

i ordered from here on sunday night, just the €5 feast and i got a message to say that i hadnt reached the minimum order for delivery so I changed to collection.when i got down there the delivery guy was on way out the door with my order, he said there was no minimum, delivery was free and he hadnt even noticed I had collection on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

anyone think that just eat website is a bit awkward to use, ya can put in the order but seems alot more complexed then it needs to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im starving reading this. Pity Im 150 miles from Galway. :(

I miss McDonaghs' food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

This is pretty awesome. Gonna get dinner from here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The website is a bit of a pain. We ordered Wa Cafe from it last week and they kept rejecting our order because they couldn't see a phone number on it, even though I had my phone number on the order. We ended up having to ring them. It was yummy food, maybe not as good as it is when you eat it in the restaurant and it's hot and fresh but for €5 you can't complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tonight I had Curry House. Was yum.
    83410_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

oh my god guys

just-eat.ca

.CA

Oh Just-eat.ie, I don't truly have to leave you!!!

(Might as well just buy a mumu and one of those motorized scooters)

I got Tasty Bites the other night and I swear the kebab was half the size it was the first night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

got chinaman for collection, turned up 15minutes later they told me they hadnt started cookin it as they thought it was delivery. in fairness was only waiting 3 or 4 min. was alot of food but it was terrible. the dogs ate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

greetings wrote: »
    I got Tasty Bites the other night and I swear the kebab was half the size it was the first night.

Yup, it's not just you!

I got the E5 feast from Tasty Bites again a few nights ago, and you're right, it was tiny compared to the one I got previous!

Definitely half the size.. portions are shrinking.

Not a wise move on their behalf though, as I won't be ordering from them again as a result.

First no pieces of chicken as advertised, now halving the portion sizes - not cool.

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Yup, it's not just you!

I got the E5 feast from Tasty Bites again a few nights ago, and you're right, it was tiny compared to the one I got previous!

Definitely half the size.. portions are shrinking.

Not a wise move on their behalf though, as I won't be ordering from them again as a result.

First no pieces of chicken as advertised, now halving the portion sizes - not cool.

It was minimum half the size. And even the chips portion size was tiny.Norio's is the best at the minute I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

jaysus thats mad that they're making the portions much smaller. i was planning on getting a feast from tasty bites tonight, but i think ill have to get something from somewhere else. Probably norios, although can anyone recommend another feast thats huge and tasty?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

jaysus thats mad that they're making the portions much smaller. i was planning on getting a feast from tasty bites tonight, but i think ill have to get something from somewhere else. Probably norios, although can anyone recommend another feast thats huge and tasty?! :P

If a Chinese takes your fancy can't compliment Curry House in Newcastle enough. You get Salt & Pepper Shredded Chicken, Chips/Rice, Springs Rolls with Sweet & Sour Sauce and a drink. Very tasty food and also very hard to finish the whole lot in one sitting. The spring rolls were nice to come back to later!

Meh, gonna have to pass on the aul chinese. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

That's a shame.
    I've tried a few and the Golden Mountain is the best IMO.
    EDIT: Norios was a close second

hmmm.. maybe chinese might be good. really disappointed with tasty bites, i wanted their 5euro feast haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Curry House is worth a fiver for your man who works in it alone. He's the soundest lad.

I'd be in once every couple of weeks so he knows me now, but i sent the missus in once; and he was especially nice to her.. Girls, you get a free carton of apple juice if you're a pretty blonde :)

what happens if youre not blonde?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Pay like every other chump :facepalm:

Fuctifino wrote: »
    Pay like every other chump :facepalm:

Overcharged if overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Are the offers for collection only?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

No they all deliver i think, most charge for delivery. Norios is free delivery though :D

kraggy wrote: »
    Are the offers for collection only?
    zero19 wrote: »
    No they all deliver i think, most charge for delivery. Norios is free delivery though :D

You can drop down at the top right of the page and make it for collection,so they're all available for collection. Norio's I'd have to reccommend though.

• Advertisement

Had the golden mountain feast last night, was nice for a change. usually wouldnt go for chinese curry but was grand, good bit of food aswell!

Are tasty bites still being stingy?!!

Advertisement