Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vista > windows 7

Options
  • 03-11-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,

I bought windows 7 a few days ago over the net, downloaded it, but cant install it. It saved as an 'img' file, but I can't open it.

Can anyone tell me how to open and install it?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An img file is an image file that you need to burn onto a DVD. Could you tell me what site you bought it off, as I wish to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thats what she said o_O

thanks
    i got it from litonthehub.com its a discount for students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thanks
    i got it from litonthehub.com its a discount for students.
    You mean onthehub.com ?

the_syco wrote: »
    You mean onthehub.com ?
    mabye, i just seen a sign in college for LITonthehub.com, 90% discount for students ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I thought you got it for virtually free if you were a Limerick IT student?

never seen that before :o

What's this LITOnTheHub anyway? Can't find the website, don't suppose you have the correct link? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

lit.onthehub.com

€6.75 W7 ultimate - nice.

Why are they charging money though? :confused: They don't include media AFAIK and the limited license is free to LIT students...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

So this is only available for Limerick IT Students ?

Yep. If you're a student, go here and hunt for your school/college to see if they have some kind of deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what does "limited licence" mean?

Your PC will self-destruct once you stop being a student? :confused:

Advertisement