Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a headbutt on Patrick's street last night!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

and how did he make a knob of himself?

unlike *you* who appears to be replying to this thread just criticizing the OP for simply not knowing how to approach or deal the situation he found himself in. It is not his fault, he is simply posting a thread on boards to make sense of it.

But then seeing as most of the posts I have seen of yours on boards are all about criticizing someone or something its seems like you have nothing better to offer than exactly that.
    :)

Ahh yes, the voice of reason from an assured woman. :)

I flat out refused to give them anything, they crowd around me, all up in my face and shit, head touching head, I stood my ground and told them I wasn't giving them shit, and one throws me a headbutt square on the nose!
    How so? I'm to expect a headbutt from saying "No, sorry" for a request for some tobacco? Nothing violent happened after that, situation defused.

Read again if you must, this headbutt was surprising and unprovoked. How can you defuse such a situation when there was nothing apparent to defuse?

as soon as the head touching head moment came about and you stood your ground the head butt was imminent, telling them you weren't giving them sh1t escalated the situation and was provocative ;) Maybe you did say no, sorry, or maybe you said you weren't giving them sh1t, at this stage I reckon you don't even know yourself, the story changes every time you post.

I said "Are you fuckin serious??, are you FUCKIN serious?" "YOU are demanding tobacco from ME, and because I ain't giving you any, you throw me a fuckin HEADBUTT!?"
    I told them to go fuck themselves, cops arrive, I push yer man outta my grill, I stroll away giving them the finger and shouting all colours of abuse, give my statement to one of the cops, decided not to press charges and hopped in a cab!

What the fuck?

and how did he make a knob of himself?

He made a knob of himself with that speel, you are demanding tobacco from me and because I ain't giving you any bla bla bla, when the cops arrive he he then pushes the guy away, big man :pac:

unlike *you* who appears to be replying to this thread just criticizing the OP for simply not knowing how to approach or deal the situation he found himself in. It is not his fault, he is simply posting a thread on boards to make sense of it.

But then seeing as most of the posts I have seen of yours on boards are all about criticizing someone or something its seems like you have nothing better to offer than exactly that.
    :)

That's ironic darling, however I have no intention of getting in an online argument with you.

I flat out refused to give them anything, they crowd around me, all up in my face and shit, head touching head, I stood my ground and told them I wasn't giving them shit, and one throws me a headbutt square on the nose!
    Pay attention cork45, if you're that interested. The headbutt was completely surprising and unavoidable. I didn't go head to head with him, he approached me swiftly, pinned me up against the wall with his head, staring straight into my eyes. I made no forward movement towards him. I put my hand on his chest to gently push him away to see how that would fly, no dice, "get your fucking hands off me". I gradually followed his command as not to give him an excuse to strike again.

Would you make up your mind and stick to it, initially you stood your ground and went head to head with him, now you were pinned to the wall by his head :confused: The two quotes above don't tally at all with each other, how many pints did you actually have ? You didn't take any Neurofen plus did you, I believe mixing them with alcohol can lead to memory loss, you seem to be not clear at all of the events as they happened or maybe you are adding legs to the story ? Who knows, it makes for good entertainment :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OK, first off I found this thread via New Posts.

It's in the Cork City forum, but later the OP says it happened in Dublin? Back against the wall (in one post), they (two people) crowded around him. One got 'face to face', then - what do you know(!) - a loaf is thrown. [Advice to drop your head is good, btw.]

To me, because the OP's subsequent posts are just too literate, the whole thread smells.

OP: If I'm wrong, and this really happened, you need to seriously reconsider your street attitude. The next time you are 'interviewed' by scrotes, know how to direct the conversation.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

t00024894 wrote: »
    why should u give them something u paid for, scumbags!!!!!

I agree but unfortunately a lot of these scumbags are receiving plenty of things from the rest of us, it's called social housing! Ironic that these scumbags are not very socialable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

RoverJames wrote: »
    Would you make up your mind and stick to it, initially you stood your ground and went head to head with him, now you were pinned to the wall by his head :confused: The two quotes above don't tally at all with each other, how many pints did you actually have ? You didn't take any Neurofen plus did you, I believe mixing them with alcohol can lead to memory loss, you seem to be not clear at all of the events as they happened or maybe you are adding legs to the story ? Who knows, it makes for good entertainment :cool:

can I suggest some cartoons illustrations wud more accurately portray the story....

Sungodbr wrote: »
    can I suggest some cartoons illustrations wud more accurately portray the story....

Adventures of wally for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

it was probably the way you said it. next time tell them you don't smoke and they're imagining the rollie in your gob.

as soon as the head touching head moment came about and you stood your ground the head butt was imminent, telling them you weren't giving them sh1t escalated the situation and was provocative ;)
    I said earlier in thread: Then, do you think handing over some tobacco at a second demand would have eased his violent behaviour? Maybe, but I don't want to feel like a dick for backing down to some loser who thinks he can get what he wants through intimidation. Again, I'm only speaking for myself.
    Maybe you did say no, sorry, or maybe you said you weren't giving them sh1t, at this stage I reckon you don't even know yourself, the story changes every time you post.
    Uh, what? As already said, I said "No, sorry" first. (<- flat out refused)
    Upon a second demand, I still refused. (<- not giving them shit)
    He made a knob of himself with that speel, you are demanding tobacco from me and because I ain't giving you any bla bla bla
    What speel? I'm telling you what happened.
    when the cops arrive he he then pushes the guy away, big man pacman.gif
    I don't follow, are you saying I should have pushed him away before that? Risking my head getting kicked in?
    Would you make up your mind and stick to it, initially you stood your ground and went head to head with him,now you were pinned to the wall by his head confused.gif
    Where did I say I went head to head with him? He went head to head with me, pinning me between them and wall. I think I recall saying this a few times in this thread.
    The two quotes above don't tally at all with each other, how many pints did you actually have ? You didn't take any Neurofen plus did you, I believe mixing them with alcohol can lead to memory loss, you seem to be not clear at all of the events as they happened or maybe you are adding legs to the story ?
    Dude, not sure if serious. When I stood my ground, I mean morally. I denied him my stuff initially and stood by my decision on the second time of asking (stood my ground).

esel wrote: »
    OK, first off I found this thread via New Posts.
    It's in the Cork City forum, but later the OP says it happened in Dublin?

I haven't gone to the bother of reading over my previous posts. I'm quite sure I was referring to the "prick" I encountered in Dublin as a response to someone telling me to calm down upon sharing my story about the last time I obliged a person.
    OP: If I'm wrong, and this really happened, you need to seriously reconsider your street attitude. The next time you are 'interviewed' by scrotes, know how to direct the conversation.
    27797.jpg?name=TheDude.jpg

"Yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion maan" :P

• Advertisement

I don't follow, are you saying I should have pushed him away before that? Risking my head getting kicked in?
    If the guards hadn't arrived, I'd have done something epic on their broken pride, no doubt.

Here we go again, where was the risk ? I thought you would have done something epic :rolleyes: More story change :pac:

Posted in wrong thread, oops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

If there isn't some chemistry, a zing, some two way attraction or whatever it's just a sh1tty little game that's a bit sad. You'll end up riding some spa that maybe wants a relationship when you don't. I'm getting old me thinks, must be the tache ;)

Hay_Guys_What's_Going_On_In_This_Thread.JPG

If there isn't some chemistry, a zing, some two way attraction or whatever it's just a sh1tty little game that's a bit sad. You'll end up riding some spa that maybe wants a relationship when you don't. I'm getting old me thinks, must be the tache ;)

Class, wrong thread :pac:

Here we go again, where was the risk ?

Oh lord...

The risk was pushing back before the cops arrived and getting my head kicked in without a safety net. Are you following that much?
    I thought you would have done something epic
    Yes, you've taken that up as doing something violent. More assumptions. Still with me?
    rolleyes.gif More story change pacman.gif
    I have responded openly and honestly to everyone of your idiotic arm chair assumptions/thoughtless comments/judgements/sarcasm/dim witted interpretations.

The story has not changed once. I have merely added more details, when, quite puzzlingly, been asked to justify my position.

Oh lord...

The risk was pushing back before the cops arrived and getting my head kicked in without a safety net. Are you following that much?

Pages back I mentioned that if the Gardai hadn't arrived you would have gotten the sh1t battered out of you, you disagreed with this

Quote:
    if the guards hadn't arrived they would have battered the sh1t out of you.
    I'm afraid you're making unfair assumptions for a man who wasn't there. If the guards hadn't arrived, I'd have done something epic on their broken pride, no doubt.

Now you are agreeing with me ;)
    So how many pints did you have that night anyway Walter ?

I have responded openly and honestly to everyone of your idiotic arm chair assumptions/thoughtless comments/judgements/sarcasm/dim witted interpretations

I'm dim witted ?
    So what are you studying at college may I ask Einstein ?

Are you fuckin serious, are you FUCKIN serious? YOU are calling me dim witted, and because I am asking you to clarify your moronic ramblings , you throw me a fuckin cyber insult!?

:pac:

Now you are agreeing with me ;)
    So how many pints did you have that night anyway Walter ?

Where have I agreed with you that they would have battered the **** out of me?

I said that was a risk, if I'd have pushed back before the cops arrived. I had no intention of doing this in the absence of their presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

admitting to not having the cojones to do something without having the cops there is not a good look at all. nobody likes the type of weasle who will only say something when theyre standing behind someone else for protection.

• Advertisement

indough wrote: »
    admitting to not having the cojones to do something without having the cops there is not a good look at all. nobody likes the type of weasle who will only say something when theyre standing behind someone else for protection.

Dude, two against one. My cojones to do something without having the cops there could have landed me in serious trouble. I've said, for all I knew, they could have had a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

I have read this from the begining, and i can follow what the OP was saying, did not think he altered his story, yes he expanded it when he was asked to or need to reply to someone, he used some humour in his later telling of it, he did mention having a laugh about it after so why would he not.

see this quite a bit on boards, people just having a go at whatever post they seem to land on.

OP, dont think you did much wrong in the way you went about this, in 'hindsight' you might have delt with it differently, but hindsight is 20-20 and you dont get to go back.
    i often get asked, and normaly i will pass one over, but only if i have it to spare, and they are asking in a decent way, if they are agressive, there is little chance of me giving them anything.

Any chance of you describing these two assailants for us, age, height, build etc ?? I'd hazard a guess they were about 8 or 9 stone each and built like a box of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I just thought he has enough problems if he's known to the guards
    Probably known to the Gardai, as he headbutts people. He's allowed to continue walking around headbutting people, as no-one presses charges.

=-=

If he's close enough to headbutt you, he's close enough to knife you. In future, ensure that there's space between you and the person wanting smokes.

the_syco wrote: »
    Probably known to the Gardai, as he headbutts people. He's allowed to continue walking around headbutting people, as no-one presses charges.

Well if it happens to you, and you have the desire and follow through to endure months of hassle/rehashing events you'd rather forget about, then more power to you. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'd admire someone who did. I'd prefer to just move on with my life.
    If he's close enough to headbutt you, he's close enough to knife you. In future, ensure that there's space between you and the person wanting smokes.

I've said that I put my hand on his chest to gently move him out of my space, to see how that would fly. It didn't go down well, so I abandoned that tactic. If he had a knife, I'm sure he was waiting for me to raise a hand as to have an excuse to use it. I didn't give him that option.

Any chance of you describing these two assailants for us, age, height, build etc ?? I'd hazard a guess they were about 8 or 9 stone each and built like a box of matches.
    Originally Posted by silent sage:
    idiotic arm chair assumptions/thoughtless comments/judgements/sarcasm/dim witted interpretations

So you won't describe them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think this thread has run its course. I have a black belt in origami, so I never get hassled.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hgibbs8129

Man up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

Next time your head to head...tuck your chin in and make sure that he does more damage to himself with his headbutt than to you!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement