Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modile phone advice!

Options
  • 03-11-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hey im going travling so i need to get a Quadband phone that i can unlock.

heres what im looking for in it.

1. Quadband
    2. WiFi
    3. skype will work on it

and then something not to expencsive. im thinking 100 - 150 or there abouts.

if anyone could tell me best phone for that and also maby best place to buy it, aka vodafone or 02 etc.

from my own reserch i have found - BlackBerry Curve 8520 - €139.99 at vodafone

i was told the Sony Ericsson X8 Xperia is good as well but then from what i can see skype wont work on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is a lot to choose from with what your looking for. Do you care which network, or you going to be using a foreign sim straight away?

My first thought's were a E63. Does all you want, fairly well built, not expensive, and can be unlocked in a shop for about a tenner

ya it will be a foreign sim straight away, prob with the E63 is as far as i know it dose not have wifi!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It does have wifi, also look at the e5, it's more or less replaced the e63

it dose! ha i have the e63 somewhere but when i got it did not have it! then i got a other phone and well it just died,i have tryed googleing it to see how to turn it on but cant get a step buy step guide, would you be able to tell me or point me to a good guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whitehawk wrote: »
    it dose! ha i have the e63 somewhere but when i got it did not have it! then i got a other phone and well it just died,i have tryed googleing it to see how to turn it on but cant get a step buy step guide, would you be able to tell me or point me to a good guide

The E63 has always had wifi. Go into the menu, go to wlan and search. When you find your network, just click and add it. You will need your securtiy code (WEP or WPA etc)

Advertisement