Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living with Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

For me its the insincerity, and the lack of interest in those she interviews/lives with. Dialling it in. While she isnt the only presenter that does this she often is portrayed as representing the ordinary joes in the presence of this celebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Maybe we have the programme all wrong. It is called "living with Lucy" after all so maybe she thinks it's all about her and the way the "celebs" can get to know her and not the other way around :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For showband country music fans Dickie Rock and Nathan Carter are lined up to have Lucy live with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I think its her voice that I find most annoying, to be fair she does seem fairly down to earth.

I hear she's actually meant to be sound but her on screen personality is beyond irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    For showband country music fans Dickie Rock and Nathan Carter are lined up to have Lucy live with them

Someone call BuilderPlumber! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tonight Lucy is livin' with Michael Healy Rae.
    I'll be tuning in for sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The "Healy" on the drivers side mirror and "Rae" on the passenger side are just about the best modification I have seen on a car yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Watching her with Michael Healy Rae and I have to say I see why people vote for him.
    Likeable.
    Down to earth.
    And seems to be honest about things.

Have to say I was impressed by him.

Anyone see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

He was on a similar show a few years ago with Ciara Doherty from TV 3 I thought it was a much better show and the banter between the two was more natural and not forced like it was tonight.
    Don't know why the producers allowed so much time for Lucy to be focusing on her make up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Fcuk, she have one annoying accent. In fairness she needs the makeup because she looks like a sh1t after a shower without it. The hay fever, does she think she's living in New York City FFS.

• Advertisement

banoffe2 wrote: »
    He was on a similar show a few years ago with Ciara Doherty from TV 3 I thought it was a much better show and the banter between the two was more natural and not forced like it was tonight.
    Don't know why the producers allowed so much time for Lucy to be focusing on her make up?

Yeah that program was way better, Lucy is full of herself at least that's the way she comes across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I dont think Lucy is full of herself, I think she just tries too hard to be funny. Her and Healy Rae didnt click well, and thats fine, but because of that she prob felt she had to try hard and make it entertaining.
    I like her, but like other posters have said the one with Ciara was better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Plus I think if every county in Ireland had their own Healy Rae, there would be no slagging and giving out about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

aaah id say Lucy is sound in fairness. good personality i think. jeez how does healy-rae keep going. hes defo the type of politician if you went to him with a problem he would get it sorted more than likely. them boys are not half as daft as they are portrayed. good episode. he seems a decent enough fella, always has done.

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    aaah id say Lucy is sound in fairness. good personality i think. jeez how does healy-rae keep going. hes defo the type of politician if you went to him with a problem he would get it sorted more than likely. them boys are not half as daft as they are portrayed. good episode. he seems a decent enough fella, always has done.

He seems to be doing a lot more than that flute we have as Taoiseach.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    He seems to be doing a lot more than that flute we have as Taoiseach.

Seems being the operative word. He is a jumped up local councillor, the Dail is not meant to be worried about local issues which he has made a career on.

While all politics are local that does not mean that it is correct

Seems being the operative word. He is a jumped up local councillor, the Dail is not meant to be worried about local issues which he has made a career on.

While all politics are local that does not mean that it is correct

I didn't mean it literally. Healy rae seems to be running around like a headless chicken while Leo is more interested in twitter and photo shoots and swanning around in general. The key word being seems he could be sitting on his arse all day instead, comprende?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I didn't mean it literally. Healy rae seems to be running around like a headless chicken while Leo is more interested in twitter and photo shoots and swanning around in general. The key word being seems he could be sitting on his arse all day instead, comprende?

"Seems being the operative word."
    ¿Comprende? :rolleyes:

Plus I think if every county in Ireland had their own Healy Rae, there would be no slagging and giving out about them!

Make up would be banned :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's more because of the idiotic things they come out with, (drunk driving/climate change). The whole culchie exaggerations are their PR, people know this. The Dublin version would be some lad going on about coddle and the price of gur cake and have his office in the Liberties. It's shtick.

• Advertisement

It's more because of the idiotic things they come out with, (drunk driving/climate change). The whole culchie exaggerations are their PR, people know this. The Dublin version would be some lad going on about coddle and the price of gur cake and have his office in the Liberties. It's shtick.

Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Caught this earlier on as housemate had it recorded.

Just playing devils advocate here but does anybody think there's a chance Lucy is doing a Healy-Rae on it herself with the city mouse in the country shtick ? Like is she a bit smarter than she lets on to get the subject more at ease ?

She got on well with his wife I thought.
    Surely the tiredness moaning was put on, she said she has small children herself and a full time job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

She didn't come across all that well last night

Danniella Westbrook has been through alot, I think she still needs help, has she any family in Marbella with her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Danniella Westbrook has been through alot, I think she still needs help, has she any family in Marbella with her?

I don't think she did. And also she has a 16 year old so I was wondering what the story is there and why they werent living together.

She came across as a very pathetic and sad person , and with her looks going down the drain at a frightening speed you;d wonder what will become of her when she can't party anymore or nobody wants to party with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

thesultan wrote: »
    She didn't come across all that well last night

She came across worse than Danniella!
    The irony of Lucy branding her a diva when she was the one who wanted to leave the pool party early and threw a strop when Danniella refused to play ball.
    I thought the whole premise of the show was for Lucy to live "their" lifestyle and immerse herself in the whole experience?!
    She should have gone on that night out too with Danniella and her friend instead of heading home to sleep.
    I don't think Lucy has the right personality for a show like this as she has a sneering condescending attitude towards anything that involves partying and late nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

She went away from the pool party early. She could stayed around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Watching the Dickie Rock show. No mention of the "30 seconds of madness" that produced the love child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

He is coming across as a sexist dinosaur
    Not liking him at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I only caught up on the Daniella episode. Lucy came across as judgemental, obnoxious and cold in that episode. It's turned me right off her and I won't be watching it again. I felt so sorry for Danniella.

Advertisement