Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone explain how the BlueBox car park works?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Folks,

on a recent visit to sligo I was having difficulty locating parking.
    After the second lap on the town,I parked in a car park in front of domino down by the river.
    I looked where to pay for the parking and could only see a blue box with a "please pay 3euro for 24hr parking".... I thought this was a bit iffy as there was no tickets on the cars around us, There was no camera that i could see and the money I thought could be robbed from the box!!

I said i'll let it off an went on my way. The next day i called around to see if the car was ok and there was a little note on the car to say to pay teh three euro's...i did

Came back later to get the car and a man beeped the horn at me ..i presumed it was the owner of the car park...after the initial " did you pay?" conversation there was the where you from ?where you going? ,what did you have for breakfast? what colour are your socks ?converstaions

I was just wondering how does the car park work? is there a camera? how does the blue box work? who is the owner?

I thought it was pretty sound he gave me the chance to pay the parking (the whole honour system)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I've never parked there but from what I've heard you pay on the way in. No way you could have if the man wasn't there.

As for all the questions, to be honest it sounds like typical Sligo.:)

Advertisement