Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail inbox not populating ?

• 03-11-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Don't know where else to put this, I did a search & all the gmail threads appeared to be in AH.

Anyone got any issues in gmail ?

My inboxes on moth my accounts are not populating, although I have them set up with labels & when I check the individual folders, there's email there, it's just not getting to the inbox & as such not getting into mac mail either. Started on Friday & still have the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Gmail is working fine for me, on all my accounts.

Not that it's any help to you I guess. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

If your forwarding from 1 account to the other:
    1. Go to the gmail settings on your Mac
    2. Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    3. Change the setting "2:When messages are accessed with POP" to "Keep Gmails Copy in the Inbox"

/Thats probably no help atall though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From After Hours to Techy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There can be no population increase, if copulation is not occurring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I would check the rules to make sure that it not set it to skip the inbox, label & archive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

It was working fine up to Friday. Didn't make any changes. Just stopped populating. The mail is still there in the label "folders", just not being delivered to the inbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

iMax wrote: »
    It was working fine up to Friday. Didn't make any changes. Just stopped populating. The mail is still there in the label "folders", just not being delivered to the inbox

Did you try to restart you PC....
    Perhaps give google a call and ask them to restart their mail server........

(joke btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

kippy wrote: »
    Did you try to restart you PC....
    Perhaps give google a call and ask them to restart their mail server...
    actually some gmail problems are attributed to the browser cache. The simple test would be to try in a different browser. I have my doubts that this is the problem though. Double check you don't have any rules somewhere, even if you know you didn't put in any. See, archiving, while it does do other functions, basically removes the inbox label from your mail, which causes it to not show in your inbox. Your mail is all still there, and will show when you select labels, just not in the inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Stupid question...are you expecting any mail??

Advertisement