Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Freedom - 30mins free mobile calls stopped

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hi
    has anyone noticed their 30mins free mobile calls with the Perlico Freedom package stopped this month?
    Id been keeping an eye on their site and it says this offer will continue until 2011 but when i rang they say this is for new customers only and it was only ment to be 6 month offer. I dont and didnt see anywhere when i signed up about 6 months only. Fair enough if it isnt going to last forever but Id have thought they had to inform their customers to cancel any promotions..its in their terms & conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does it state the 6 months in the contracts T&C's that you signed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Probably more at home in Consumer Issues with this. Moved from Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

no i cant see anywhere that it says 6 months only. I rang and asked them and they put me on hold many times while they found it in T&C's. in the end they asked to ring me back in little while..suited me cos i had meeting to go to but they havent rang back since! guess il be ringing them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

fifib - Yeah I just noticed today that I was charged for the 30 mins in Sept....Would have been nice of them to let me know! I don't ever recall seeing any T&Cs detailing the agreement when I signed up. I rang them and they said I'd get it back if I re-signed up for another 12 months. Not sure if there's any other cost in doing that. If not, might be tempted as Vodafone's bundle deal is limited to 200 mins to only 3 vodafone mobile numbers. The 30 mins to any is handier. Had no other issues with Perlico to speak of over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

MBSnr - ha the cheek of them saying this! it says on their site the 30mins free mobile calls *available until 2011, so you sign up for another 12months and only get til Dec 31st on this offer!!
    If the offer was only ment to be 6 month or 12 month (both of which Ive been told when talking to Perlico so they dont even know themselves) and it has finished they still should have let people know i reckon. its in their T&Cs that they can make changes to packages and offers and shall notify customers of its intention. its 4.7 in the T&Cs. we purposely use them for mobiles calls each month to use up this 30mins and get value for our money! so if they had only told us!

Their now claiming they cannot talk to me as im not the accountholder. My dads name on the account but he asked when we joined to have my name on the account as he's done with SKY etc.. he doesnt know where to being when it comes to these things! I had broadband problems last year and they had no problem dealing with me cos i was named on the account. Anyways they wanted an email from him asking my name to be added (again) and then last night he gets an email back saying they want a signed letter!

• Advertisement

Cheers - just re-read that. Thought it was until the end of 2011... and not until the beginning of 2011!! I think I might go with Vodafone's package then. I phoned Perlico again and got one of their agents who didn't really give a '#*% and he told me that 3mb was the max speed they could offer and I'd be best to use their parent company (Vodafone) if I wanted a faster line speed. According to the Eircom checker my line can do 7mb so I think that's the way to go. It's €6 more per month (still cheaper than Eircom though) and I am getting issues with Skype out where I live with the 3mb line.

No chance of our exchange going next gen DSL anytime soon I'm sure.
    They'd have to upgrade the hamsters wheel....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

fifib wrote: »
    MBSnr - ha the cheek of them saying this! it says on their site the 30mins free mobile calls *available until 2011, so you sign up for another 12months and only get til Dec 31st on this offer!!
    If the offer was only ment to be 6 month or 12 month (both of which Ive been told when talking to Perlico so they dont even know themselves) and it has finished they still should have let people know i reckon. its in their T&Cs that they can make changes to packages and offers and shall notify customers of its intention. its 4.7 in the T&Cs. we purposely use them for mobiles calls each month to use up this 30mins and get value for our money! so if they had only told us!

Their now claiming they cannot talk to me as im not the accountholder. My dads name on the account but he asked when we joined to have my name on the account as he's done with SKY etc.. he doesnt know where to being when it comes to these things! I had broadband problems last year and they had no problem dealing with me cos i was named on the account. Anyways they wanted an email from him asking my name to be added (again) and then last night he gets an email back saying they want a signed letter!
    perlico are like that just about useless as far as customer service goes! i had awful trouble getting the account of a deceased relative cancelled with them last year it even involved debt collectors who apologised and never wrote again when i notified tham the person was deceased and that i had sent perlico a death cert.

they are ok in fair weather but beware thay are absolutely useless company if anything goes wrong

Signed up with Vodafone online Friday morning and on Sat morning my internet was swapped over to Vodafone and running at 6mb instead of 3mb.... The existing Perlico modem working fine - which is great. Also Vodafone emailed me yesterday with a An Post tracking number for delivery of their modem - expected Monday.

So far I can't complain... :D

Advertisement