Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jsb advice

• 03-11-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i was previously on JSB in september for 2 weeks when i was lucky enough to be offered full time employment down the country i jumped at the offer and signed off. last friday the 29th i got let go after only a month im out a huge amount on rent and deposit as i signed a lease, employer promised to send me on what wages im owed and my p45. what im wondering is should i go into my local social office and explain my situation or wait for my p45 i have a feeling that i will have hassle getting my p45 and wages from them but for now they have the benefit of my doubt any advice:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i was previously on JSB in september for 2 weeks when i was lucky enough to be offered full time employment down the country i jumped at the offer and signed off. last friday the 29th i got let go after only a month im out a huge amount on rent and deposit as i signed a lease, employer promised to send me on what wages im owed and my p45. what im wondering is should i go into my local social office and explain my situation or wait for my p45 i have a feeling that i will have hassle getting my p45 and wages from them but for now they have the benefit of my doubt any advice:confused:
    Definitely, go straight back to your Local Office, don't wait for your P45. If you delay, you won't be paid for thsoe days you haven't claimed.

Your circumstances outlined above sound like what is known as a repeat claim, see this page on the welfare website:
    (b) Repeat Claims

A person who is employed for 4 or more consecutive days and becomes unemployed may make a repeat claim for JB when that employment ends. Where a person re-applies for JB within 26 weeks of a previous JB claim, s/he is entitled to receive the same rate of JB that was previously in payment subject to satisfying the conditions for receipt of the payment and subject to any change of circumstances and budgetary increases.

Advertisement