Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.I.A Afterparty with 515 @ Tripod - 12/11/10

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hey all, 515 will be hosting the M.I.A afterparty in Tripod. On this bill be Sourcecode, Deep in the bowels of house DJ's, and the 515 Djs.

Its going to be a great night :)

M.I.A.

12 Nov 2010

Tripod

...**Tickets on sale this Friday 15th Oct**

Doors: 7:30pm

Tickets ?38.50 from www.ticketmaster.ie, City Discs, and usual outlets

CHECK TICKET AVAILABILITY

Multi platinum selling artist and producer M.I.A. has announced her first Irish show since Electric Picnic 2007 at Dublin's TRIPOD on Friday November 12th.

The versatile singer and rapper, one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World, is on tour following the release of her third studio album, MAYA, last July.

"She covers so much ground because it's all a part of who she is. And from the sound of MAYA, she's capable of anything - except being dull." Rolling Stone, 4 stars ****

POD presents
    M.I.A.

www.miauk.com
    www.myspace.com/mia

MAYA, M.I.A's third full length release, follows the internationally critically acclaimed records Arular (2005) and Kala (2007). Like its predecessors MAYA deftly mixes politics, social consciousness, and inimitable genre blending. Perhaps as much a political statement as a musical one, the new album scathingly takes on our ever-increasing dependence on the digital world.
    Influences on the sound of MAYA include dubstep, electro, punk, and pop but the end result is not so easy to define. With songs geared towards the dance floor ("XXXO", "Teqkilla"), the rock club ("Born Free"), or towards a quiet moment alone ("It Iz What Iz"), MAYA covers a lot of ground, but is held together by the controversial and incomparable aesthetic of one Maya Arulpragasam.
    MAYA, by M.I.A, is produced by Rusko, Blaqstarr, Switch, Diplo, John Hill, Derek Miller, Sugu, and M.I.A.

"A Classic!" 9 out of 10 -Spin

Advertisement