Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account administration ??

Options
  • 03-11-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I keep getting fake e-mails claiming to be from Blizzard admin saying my account is under investigation (2 a day) Telling me to log into Blizzard using a link provided and verify my account.

Anyone else getting them ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yup, for the last few years :P Just ignore them. They (more than likely) aren't from the Blizzard. If you login to your bnet account yourself, it will say if there are any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

Apparently all real messages from Blizzard will start with ''Geetings'' and your real name. I know they're fake its just really annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Yep seems to always ramp up closer to an expansion also. :d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

getting them for about a year now, 1-2 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I got one and it had the guys actual hotmail address as the 'From:' I enterred it into the faceboook search function and foudn him!! you think I should report the fcker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I think you should share his info with the rest of the WoW subscribers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

lol - i would do that too (although i'm not on facebook - crowd goes: WHA?)

i would have screenshot'd the moment and definitely would have sent it to blizzie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I still have it its in my junk folder and now his profile is on my history! really would love to get this fcker stung for it, his profile pic on facebook is horrible annoying too.

I just got a password recovery request followed by your password was changed.

I immediately requested a password change and changed it myself.

About four or five minutes later i got another request, with password changed again, and oi changed it myself.

would that suggest they have access to my email account? (i have changed the password)

Yep, someone had access to my account....

Browser Canada (142.46.196.37) 10:57 am (2 minutes ago)

• Advertisement

I'd say you should pretty much change all your passwords. Do a full virus scan first, to make sure you don't have a keylogger, and than change every password you have.

Yeh im at work atm and i dont have WOW on this machione so will have to wait till i get home.

Im monitoring access to my gmail account (basically from our non corporate network) till i get home, i have changed all my passwords, and initiated the automated account/character retreival just in case they actually managed to get at my chars. however i think there was a matter of seconds bewtween them having a password and me changing it.

Those chinese work fast, so you've probably lost all your stuff :P

Well i initiated an account retreival.

However just got a mate who i knew would be online to check my REALID status.

Last online 10hours ago. Looks like i may have escaped.

Sorry for derailing the thread but looks like i may get an authenticator now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

After my account was hacked I got a free authenticator for my iPhone off of iTunes and have had no trouble since then. Best application I've ever gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i get decent amount of account spam around 65 for oct.

best part is its to an email address i dont use for wow

useful tip dont signup for wow related stuff e.g guilds ect with the email you use for battle net, im guessing thats the reason that account gets all the spam

Im creating a completely seperate email account now for WOW, that i plan not on using for anything else :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"noreply@blizzard.com" <noreply@blizzard.com>[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battle.net Account - Account Change Notice [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:13:52 +0800[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attachments:[/FONT]

Hello,
    This is an automated notification regarding your Battle.net account. Some or all of your contact information was recently modified through the Account Management website.
    *** If you made recent account changes, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account, we recommend you log in to Account Management review your account settings.
    If you cannot sign into Account Management using the link above, or if unauthorized changes continue to happen, please contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for further assistance.
    Billing & Account Services can be reached at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499 Mon-Fri, 8AM-8PM Pacific Time) or at billing@blizzard.com.
    Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
    Regards,
    The Battle.net Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support
    Online Privacy Policy

Is this legit?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

easy to check:

1) open your browser

2) TYPE in battle.net

3) username, password and authenticator (which you should have)

4) verify if your account has anything strange

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"noreply@blizzard.com" <noreply@blizzard.com>[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battle.net Account - Account Change Notice [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:13:52 +0800[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attachments:[/FONT]

Hello,
    This is an automated notification regarding your Battle.net account. Some or all of your contact information was recently modified through the Account Management website.
    *** If you made recent account changes, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account, we recommend you log in to Account Management review your account settings.
    If you cannot sign into Account Management using the link above, or if unauthorized changes continue to happen, please contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for further assistance.
    Billing & Account Services can be reached at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499 Mon-Fri, 8AM-8PM Pacific Time) or at billing@blizzard.com.
    Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
    Regards,
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support
    Online Privacy Policy

Is this legit?
    thanks

Well for a start its quoting US phone numbers and sites , and I'm assuming you've an EU account , so no.

• Advertisement

I havent played this in 1-2years and I cant get in,they say that they cant find my character,

thank you for your e-mail.
    >>>
    >>>We are sorry, but we can not find your account with the information you
    >>>gave us.
    >>>Is your account already merged with a battle.net account or is it still
    >>>an old World of Warcraft license?
    >>>Do you still have an old CD-key or the key from a prepaid game card you
    >>>used?
    >>>Can you remember the name/class/level and server of a character of
    >>>yours?
    >>>Do you remember the old e-mail address the account was registered on?
    >>>
    >>>If you can answer us any of these questions it will be much easier for
    >>>you to find your account. Once we have found it we will tell you the
    >>>name and reset the password so you can use it again.
    >>>
    >>>If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
    >>>again.
    >>>
    >>>Kind regards,
    >>>
    >>>Fabian S.
    >>>Customer Services
    >>>Blizzard Entertainment
    >>>http://eu.blizzard.com/support

I havent played this in 1-2years and I cant get in,they say that they cant find my character,

Remember things have now changed to battle.net accounts. I think you may have to create one of those and then associate (or get blizzard possibly to associate) the character with it.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]noreply@blizzard.com <noreply@blizzard.com>[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]concealed information about your account. involved in the controversial game currency transaction [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:07:11 +0800[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attachments:[/FONT]

I persume this is not them then?

I have emailed them with my account name,character name and my lich King key.lets see what they come back with now.
    I cant remember if I setup a battle.net account
    cheers

Battle.net was only made compulsory last year.

I would suggest using their web form as it is put into a ticket system.

https://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml

Takes them about 6-8 hrs to deal with it. Or at least it did in my case

Im back in,just have to D/L it again to check
    thanks all

Sure just email me your login details are cc number and i'll...test it for you :P

Kiith wrote: »
    Sure just email me your login details are cc number and i'll...test it for you :P
    PM sent
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

PM sent
    cheers

Facepalm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Hello,

Regards,
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support
    Online Privacy Policy

Is this legit?
    thanks

Dude, learn to check the links in the email you're sent...

That "Account Management" link goes to ???.net-adminsecure-management.com which is not a Blizzard site, it's a scam.

Advertisement