Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRANSMISSION relaunch w/ Tiga & Carte Blanche (Mehdi & Riton) - Dec 4th @ Tripod

Options
  • 03-11-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

After over 2 years of now infamous parties at The Button Factory, Transmission takes things forward and brings it’s weekly parties to TRIPOD, every Saturday! Launching with one of the biggest Dj’s on the planet, TIGA, and with support from CARTE BLANCHE, the new project from Dj Mehdi and Riton, there’s no better way to step up to the big stage, and this lineup is a statement of intent from the Transmission crew.

From 4th December when TIGA plays his rare headline show, expect some of the biggest Dj’s and live acts as well as our notorious resident parties weekly in our new home in Tripod.
    Pod and Transmission Present
    TIGA
    With support
    CARTE BLANCHE
    (Dj Mehdi & Riton)
    Tripod
    4th December
    Doors 11pm
    Tickets €24.50 available via Ticketmaster, Tickets.ie, City Discs, and all usual outlets

www.transmission-club.com
    www.pod.ie
    www.tickets.ie/transmission

TIGA
    Montreal born DJ / Producer Tiga’s dj sets in Ireland have become very rare but after his brilliant set at Electric Picnic we’re being treated to a second performance this year from one of the most sought after Dj’s in the world.

He has risen the ranks to become one of the most in demand electro DJ/Producers whose remix talents have been called upon from the likes of Depeche Mode, Human League, Scissor Sisters, and Soulwax to name a few. His second album Ciao was released last year and featured collaborations from Soulwax, LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy and Jesper Dahlback.

On top of his talents as a dj and producer, his label, Turbo, has also become one of the leading labels in dance music across the globe. Based in Canada, Turbo is the home of 2manydj’s, Boys Noize, Chromeo, Erol Alkan and Felix Da Housecat to name a few.

CARTE BLANCHE
    To make this a truly special night and after a great deal or work to make it happen, Transmission has managed to secure the services of one of the most talked about collaborations in quite some time; Carte Blanche. A duo comprising of DJ’s Mehdi & Riton who are both individually big stars of the scene in their own right.

Ed Banger head honcho Busy P snatched the demos that were bouncing back and forth between the two, the result? Five tracks of game changing beats, a shout-out to the masters that doesn’t overly rely on nostalgia. Mixed by big bass master Alex Gopher, the record includes club monster 'Gare Du Nord' as well as the vexatiously catchy 'Do! Do! Do!', featuring Kid Sister.

DJ Mehdi has been involved in music since 1995 but he first came to our attention proper with 2006’s ‘Lucky Boy’ album on Ed Banger. Since ‘Lucky Boy’ he’s been in demand worldwide ever since, touring with Justice and A-Trak, remixing people like Santigold and Busta Rhymes, as well as dropping his own major dancefloor bombs in the name of ‘Signatune’, ‘Pocket Piano’ and ‘I Am Somebody’.

The Second part of the duo, Riton started out with the Northern vibrations of Grand Central Recordings to become the most stable asset in the Radio Soulwax family and tour. Remixing LCD Soundsystem and Crookers to breaking the number one spot in the Kraut Rock charts in 2008 with his Eine Kleine Nacht Musik project on Modular Records. He's also a part-time model (but that’s not important).

Two DJs, four decks, one mixer, and a TR 909 drum machine!

Video for 'Gare De Nord' here <http://dai.ly/9Kz85r>
    Download full quality image here http://public.because.tv/carteblanche/press/download/Carte_Blanche_(c)MARCODOS2.zip
    Carte Blanche 'House Party' mix here:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/weareblahblahblah/carte-blanche-riton-mehdi-house-party-mix/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=cloudcast_link>

See www.transmission-club.com for more info.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

25 bats is a bit steep !!!!!:rolleyes: what happened to the days when transmission was like a tenner or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I will be all over this :)

edit: According to tickets.ie Carte Blanche are playing Transmission at the Button Factory the same night, what's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Top lineup but too expensive for me I'm afraid! Good luck with it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Transmissiondub

A V A wrote: »
    25 bats is a bit steep !!!!!:rolleyes: what happened to the days when transmission was like a tenner or something

Hi A V A, thanks for the comments.

The price reflects the quality and SIZE of the acts for this launch night. If this gig were in the Academy it would be in the 30e+ range easily, we are hoping to break even on this night.

Resident nights and other guests will be 10e, but you are getting TIGA, DJ MEHDI & RITON on the same night it will have to be a higher door price.

That's one of the best line-ups for this genre of music Dublin has seen in a long time in our opinion, we hope you agree.

Jello wrote: »
    I will be all over this :)

edit: According to tickets.ie Carte Blanche are playing Transmission at the Button Factory the same night, what's the story with that?

Hi Jello!

The Carte Blanche gig is still up as being in Button Factory, but this was put up before we decided to move venue to TRIPOD and to add Tiga to the bill.

WE HAVE BIG THINGS PLANNED FOR 2011!!! Things we just couldn't put on in the Button Factory due to the restrictive capacity.

• Advertisement

sounds good yea , some peole are getting sick of the button factory (so this will be a change ) :)

that is a great bill just was a bit shocked at the price :P

sounds good yea , some peole are getting sick of the button factory (so this will be a change ) :)

that is a great bill just was a bit shocked at the price :P

You know, it hurts me to say it, but sometimes a night needs to change or it will whither away... and i love the button factory so much, but we need that change and now!

Tripod will allow us to bring the guests over that we can't get without it's size as well, the acts cost too much to put on and it's not a goer in our present home. The Subs rocked it last Saturday, but we'd to turn people away, this won't happen in Tripod.

The price is a jump on our normal prices but then we've NEVER had such a line-up before!

It's priced for us to break even and people can say yeh, it's too pricey, but until you've put on a night and know what goes into bringing a guest over, then i'm sorry, you just don't know.

Anyway, we'll be doing some competitions on our site www.transmission-club.com for it so you can always blag some that way! we just put up a ticket comp for M.I.A. and we'll have one for LCD soundsystem tickets too next week!

- Salacious

ye cool

little note i must add. . . . . please get felix cartal and g tronic on the same bill , that would awsome

iv seen felix play transmission the past 3 times :)

ye cool

little note i must add. . . . . please get felix cartal and g tronic on the same bill , that would awsome

iv seen felix play transmission the past 3 times :)

Felix played trans and tetric, and we have him down for 2011. LOVE YOU, if only everyone was as clued in as you, we'd be so happy!

:P

Felix played trans and tetric, and we have him down for 2011. LOVE YOU, if only everyone was as clued in as you, we'd be so happy!

:P

hahaha ye sorry tetric , its all the same really :P

he fcukin kills it anyway !!!!! sound of stereo, dem slackers, ac slater, huoratron , mightyfools, peactreaty , jack beats would be fcukin deadly man , i say these kind of dj's owuld pull in a crowd , basically anything from dimak hahah or busy p or those cool cat lads from the france :D

is there anyway of seeing any up and coming dj dates ??

and will transmission be in tri pod from now on ye?

• Advertisement

hahaha ye sorry tetric , its all the same really :P

he fcukin kills it anyway !!!!! sound of stereo, dem slackers, ac slater, huoratron , mightyfools, peactreaty , jack beats would be fcukin deadly man , i say these kind of dj's owuld pull in a crowd , basically anything from dimak hahah or busy p or those cool cat lads from the france :D

is there anyway of seeing any up and coming dj dates ??

and will transmission be in tri pod from now on ye?

Can't reveal dates as they are not out yet, soz.

We move in December, so there are four more in the button, sniff sniff.

Mystery jets & the magician (ex aeroplane) are playing our big sendoff night!

:rolleyes: ah ok cool

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just saw Tiga's twitter and it looks like he has to cancel, he's in Spain and can't get a flight over because of the strike over there :(

He's in portugal, trying to get to germany, to then get here...

gahhhhhhh

ahahh jaysus !!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

it's just been rescheduled. sorry... fkn weather!!!

so tonight is not on??????

meant to ask i wwas told tripod is 21's on a saturday night?? if true transmission will alot of business

Advertisement