Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deciding on a case

Options
  • 03-11-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Having some difficulty choosing a case for my new build...
    It'll be:
    Motherboard: ASRock X58 EXTREME6

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz 8M
    - Cooler Master 212+

GPU: MSi N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC (x2 in SLI)

Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600

Case: ThermalTake Element V Full Tower (532 x 220 x 537 mm)

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850TX ATX, PS/2 Power Supply

SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe MKNSSDCL40GB-DX 2.5" 40GB SATA II

HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" - Bare Drive
    + Whatever i decide later. 1-2 more.

Best case for cooling relative to price..? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Looks like a great build you got going there :)

I bought a Haf 932 full tower case and tbh i dont think i`ll ever need another one, its huge but amazing for cooling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AengusMB

HAF 932 vs Thermaltake Element V ?

http://www.computeruniverse.net/products/e90357081/thermaltake-element-v-schwarz.asp

nuxxx wrote: »

I bought a Haf 932 full tower case and tbh i dont think i`ll ever need another one, its huge but amazing for cooling

And Thanks ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

cosmos 1000 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

nuxxx wrote: »

QFT.

The 932 is a seriously kickass case and the only complaint I have with mine is its not black inside :pac:

• Advertisement

thats what paint is for lol you should do it venom make,s all the difference

massy086 wrote: »
    thats what paint is for lol you should do it venom make,s all the difference

Naa couldn't be arsed tbh. Sides where my case is located it looks black inside even during a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Venom wrote: »
    QFT.

The 932 is a seriously kickass case and the only complaint I have with mine is its not black inside :pac:

Here's a complaint: the cheap plastic front can sometimes cause really annoying vibrations. And the feet could do with a bit more dampening. Not to mention it's a bleedin dust magnet!

Here's a complaint: the cheap plastic front can sometimes cause really annoying vibrations. And the feet could do with a bit more dampening. Not to mention it's a bleedin dust magnet!

Iv had neither the vibration issue or any feet problems with mine and prior to buying the case I went through every review and all my trusted tech forums and never heard mention of those issues before now so maybe you got a friday job.

Yeah it can be a bitch for dust but I think all the high end cooler cases suffer from this issue as both the Coolermaster Stacker and Tt Xaser V I used before the HAF were just as bad.

Venom wrote: »
    Iv had neither the vibration issue or any feet problems with mine and prior to buying the case I went through every review and all my trusted tech forums and never heard mention of those issues before now so many you got a friday job.

Yeah it can be a bitch for dust but I think all the high end cooler cases suffer from this issue as both the Coolermaster Stacker and Tt Xaser V I used before the HAF were just as bad.
    +1 on this none of them problems on my haf 932 and have to say best case i,v had i,ll be sad to see it go soon going for a smaller build

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I'd say it's more likely mine is the monday morning version :pac:

Still though, I know I'm not the only person who's HAF has had some annoying little quality control issues, I've also heard of edges being too sharp, panels being slightly out of shape etc. I've no problem recommending it still, they do the job well for the price, but they aren't necessarily the image of perfection I've seen suggested in a lot of places.

Advertisement