Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

self employed and now unemployed

• 03-11-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

ive being self employed since 1996 and have all my taxes payed up to date and have my c2 for this year with no problems im unemployed now and have being told by the dole i dont qualify for any payments because i have a rental poperty they say i have a means of 137 a week by some means test ,since i applyed for jsa i fell and broke leg the inspector that came to house said i need to apply for disabilty benifity so weev being getting 248 from health board while my benift claim is assesed my wife cant even do a fas course because they say she has to be receiving jsb or jsa to qualfy .my rental house does just cover the morgage not the inshurance it costs me €35month so how can they say i have a means of 137

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

From www.welfare.ie

Capital and property not personally used

If you own property (excluding your home) or you have investments or any other form of capital, the value is assessed, using a standard formula (see below) whether or not you are getting an income from the property or investment.

The property and investments that may be assessed include savings in a bank account (or anywhere else), a house that you have let and stocks and shares.

The formula for assessing the value of capital including property (but not your own home), savings and investments is as follows:

Capital Weekly means assessed
    First €20,000 Nil
    Next €10,000 €1 per €1,000
    Next €10,000 €2 per €1,000
    Balance (€40,000 ) €4 per €1,000

Your wife can do a FAS course but she won't receive a payment for it - information on that can be found here: http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Training+Allowances/default.htm

Advertisement