Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some answers for paranormal activity or want to join a paranormal team?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Funny that... More people should insist that professional mediums should garner proof. Hmmmm??!!

they should

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

csiparanormal, welcome to boards.ie.

Maybe just take the time to read the forum charter and have a look around, and get the feel for the place. If you have a problem with any post please report it (that little triangle to the left of the post) and dont fight about it in thread.

Everyone else, this thread is not about professional mediums, its about professional investigators.....

Edit, I always thought professional meant you got paid. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Scam artists can be very professional.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Randi is terribly professional right enough.

Years of practice. :cool:

• Advertisement

and maybe you shouldn't judge anyone as you have no clue how their life is, and ummm let's see just how much do you know about the paranormal? Obviously not very much to think that you can do investigations without finding out about the problems that people are having and apparently would walk in blindly on a case ROFLMAO.

No id sit with the person face to face as i always do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 csiparanormal

First of all professional is used in the context that we conduct ourselves in a professional manner on investigations and that we are very well educated in the paranormal field, which is a word that used highly in the USA by many teams because there are some teams that are put together over here by people who have no education or background in the paranormal therefore those of us who do use the term professional, we don't use it in the term that it's our job or that we are the best or that we do this to make a living because none of those are true.

i know many teams in the usa who i have investigated with and some in MO that have common sense on an investigation but dont use the word professional and have been investigating more that 4 years and they would say the same as i :confused:

ive been in this field more than 4 years more than i care to remember at this stage like many here, so being a pro is like an insult to most teams here in Ireland it isnt as haunted as you think stop watching SYFY and the travel channel means nothing here in Ireland

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE VENTURE TBH BUT YOU NEED TO WORK OUT THE MARKETING A BIT BETTER

First of all professional is used in the context that we conduct ourselves in a professional manner on investigations and that we are very well educated in the paranormal field, which is a word that used highly in the USA by many teams because there are some teams that are put together over here by people who have no education or background in the paranormal therefore those of us who do use the term professional, we don't use it in the term that it's our job or that we are the best or that we do this to make a living because none of those are true.

Then anyone can use the term "professional". The term as you use it has been rendered meaningless. Professional means that you earn a living from what you do.

E.g. While someone may be a great musician and have the respect of many people and maybe sometimes earn some money on the side they are not professional. They may be as good as a professional but until they make their living from it, i.e. put food on the table, pay bills, mortgage, etc., the are still an amateur, an enthusiast or a hobbyist - as you are.
    If you have any doubts about the term professional I suggest that you talk to the I.R.S. and they will supply you with the same information that I just have.

I hope this clears things up.

christ. its only a word.

• Advertisement

So is "pedantic".

i think that is the word to describe whats going on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 csiparanormal

I fully agree it's only a word and if you get that upset over how someone chooses to use a word then you must not have much of a life and must be one lonely person. Get over it, I will use words how I choose to use them it's called freedom of speech.

Advertisement