Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaktar vs Arsenal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

F@£K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Don't care how bad this sounds,

I'm smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

so poor from Clichy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Really do love Eddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Eduadro leaves Bendeter stays...

maybe Mr Wenger got it...., wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Eduardo what a top class bloke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

daithijjj wrote: »
    great one on sopcast.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

Cant seem to get that to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Poor defending from Clichy. What on earth was he thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Should get a win here. Eastmond is the only one I'm really nervous about.

Good call!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Arsenal have been apalling so far. What was Clichy thinking, just get rid of it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Whathas Bendtner done wrong, missed a few chances? At least he's getting chances, Eduardo's were few and far between since the injury and unfortunately he just appeared to be far less clinical. I'd love the old Eduardo back though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Would love to see ed get a hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Unlucky from Wilshere :(

Vela coming on :confused:

so close from Wilshere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

That would have been a class goal.

Poor finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Theo really wants another goal.

Chamakh on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The referee is an impatient mother ****er. Was roaring at Srna there 2 minutes ago.

Can't see Arsenal scoring.

Nailz wrote: »
    The referee is an impatient mother ****er. Was roaring at Srna there 2 minutes ago.

Deserved it to be honest!

Very disappointing, this group will be decided in the final game now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

FT. Disappointing performance but considering the team we had out in what was a difficult match it's not the end of the world. Just have to make sure we win our home match at the very least.

Disappointing. I think Arsenal will still go through though.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Disappointing. I think Arsenal will still go through though.

Definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Contrasting nights for teams from North London:D

BERBA wrote: »
    Contrasting nights for teams from North London:D

Meh, one has 9 points while the other has 7.

L'prof wrote: »
    Meh, one has 9 points while the other has 7.

one gave the holders a footballing lesson lad

Right "lad", tod along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Clichy is the reason we lost. Yet again does not do his job and defend properly. Not that it matters much in the overall context of the group as we will most likely top the group anyway but its a pretty awful game to lose when taking the lead like we did.

Gibbs needs to replace Clichy.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Gibbs needs to replace Clichy.

Just a pity he's been injured so frequently lately. Hopefully he'll be the man to displace Clichy and soon, he just seems to be making far too many mistakes!

It's not like Arsenal never gave Inter a footballing lesson, at the San Siro no less. But that, like Spurs has nothing to do with this thread.

• Advertisement

We should have had a free in the build up to the equalizer :(

Just a pity he's been injured so frequently lately. Hopefully he'll be the man to displace Clichy and soon, he just seems to be making far too many mistakes!
    Clichy used to be amazing 2 years ago but i suppose he is getting found out now.

Clichy used to be amazing 2 years ago but i suppose he is getting found out now.

Not a patch on Ashley Cole imo

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Not a patch on Ashley Cole imo
    Ashley cole is one of our greatest ever players. A true great. **** of a man though.

Ashley cole is one of our greatest ever players. A true great. **** of a man though.

Great defender , to be fair to him when he signed for the blues in 06 , he could see the barren years ahead at arsenal and he hasnt been proved wrong , if he had stayed with arsenal he'd have added how many extra medals to his collection?........dont answer that , thats why he left.

Right "lad", tod along now.
    I bet you see my point now.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I bet you see my point now.

I always did, but my point still applies to you judging by your post above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fair play to the boardsie gunners for not reacting to the inflammatory remarks from the two above. :)

cson wrote: »
    Fair play to the boardsie gunners for not reacting to the inflammatory remarks from the two above. :)

nothing inflamatory on my part mate , ashley cole was brought up in previous posts and i just gave an opinion as to why he still not at arsenal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

first off, enough of the pettyness and pedantic nonsense, it's dragging things off topic. you've all been warned.

more importantly, a couple of things about the game...

1) we saw why it's still so hard for most to see Arsenal winning anything. too fragile when the ball comes in the box like that, and Clichy is a complete accident waiting to happen.

2) Walcott needs to start pretty much every game. he's twice the player he was last year it seems, and has a cutting edge, pace-wise anyway, that could be a huge difference maker this season.

3) Eduardo really does have the potential to be a special striker. i hope that infamous injury setback doesn't mean he'll never reach the heights he can. i really thought he had the potential to be an Arsenal great.

I always did, but my point still applies to you judging by your post above!
    That would be the first of it's kind, and probably the last.

And I stand by what I said, he is a very smart guy, and made a wise career choice, even if it was a scummy thing to do on the last minute of the deadline.

SlickRic wrote: »
    first off, enough of the pettyness and pedantic nonsense, it's dragging things off topic. you've all been warned.

more importantly, a couple of things about the game...

1) we saw why it's still so hard for most to see Arsenal winning anything. too fragile when the ball comes in the box like that, and Clichy is a perennial accident waiting to happen.

2) Walcott needs to start pretty much every game. he's twice the player he was last year it seems, and has a cutting edge, pace-wise anyway, that could be a huge difference maker this season.

3) Eduardo really does have the potential to be a special striker. i hope that infamous injury set back doesn't mean he'll never reach the heights he can. i really thought he has the potential to be an Arsenal great.
    Weak one of the premier league, I think it was Alan Hansen that said, "Walcott will never make it, because he doesn't have a footballing brain, he only has speed".

I think Walcott when he has played has proved him completely wrong, great movement, and is a much better finisher of the ball than he was last year.

His poor finishing was mostly down to confidence. If you look at any of his previous goals you'll see that he could certainly do it, he just didn't do it often enough. If he's given room, he'll rip teams apart, I just hope he can become as effective in tight defensive games.

His poor finishing was mostly down to confidence. If you look at any of his previous goals you'll see that he could certainly do it, he just didn't do it often enough. If he's given room, he'll rip teams apart, I just hope he can become as effective in tight defensive games.
    Who were ye playing last week, when he came on and hit the post to the bottom left?

I was quite impressed with him that day, he looked up for it and like he wanted to do business!

He's so bloody quick aswell it's frightening to think how good he will be when he's older if he doesn't lose his speed.

Advertisement