Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help On Building Gaming PC

Options
  • 03-11-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey

I need advice on building a gaming pc, i have no idea were to sta

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What's your total budget?

What games and apps do you want to run on it?

What's the maximum resolution of the monitor you own/are buying/are upgrading to soon?

Do you need to include a new monitor/OS/peripherals in the same budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

start with a budget

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unknownNinja

im buying everything new

my budget is 500-550 euro

i want to play call of duty,left for dead 2 and counter strike.

thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Monitor and OS within the €550?

Ow! :o

so would i not be able to get a decent one for that price ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Are you a student? Do you mind getting a 2nd hand monitor off adverts?

If so, then its definitely doable. You can get a decent budget computer for 450 (HWVS), 45 for windows and ~55 for a monitor.

Yes,i am a student and dont have a clue where to start

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Made a quick basket on HWVS, can't give a pic right now but this is what you are looking at:

Athlon II X3 445
    Asus M4A77T
    2x2GB G-Skill RAM
    ATI HD 5770
    Spinpoint F4 320GB
    Generic DVD RW
    Antec NSK4482 (Not too sure on this, but reviews seem ok for it. Comes with Earthwatts 380W PSU which is decent, but won't leave a lot of room for upgrading.)
    Comes to 425 + 30 shipping

Then its 45 for Win 7 pro from software4students, and get the monitor from adverts.

thanks man ill check it out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You could get something like the following ( minus an operating system :() for a little under 550 delivered from HWVS. Not top of the range but most respectable for gaming on a 1440 X 900 monitor. (Some of what I have select is out of stock at the moment but similar alternatives for around the same price are available, just tdon't have the time right now). Excuse the not so great keyboard and mouse.

As you are a student software4students may be a possibility for a reasonably priced OS.

133580.jpg

• Advertisement

thanks again helped a lot

Advertisement