Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewave

Options
  • 03-11-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

got one of these panels and a few sensors today, instaling it at the weekend. powered it up on a fly lead and had a quick look at the programming. nearly the same as the securewatch but is there anything i need to know, anything i should look out for when installing it that might trip me up. it looks like you just program it as if you were fitting wired id sensors. any tips are welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you're installing wireless sensors start the first sensor on zone 11 as it will leave the ten hard wired zones free for future use. Be careful when tightening the screw on the keypad as it's very easy to ring the threads as it's made of plastic.
    If you're used to installing the old HKC you'll be grand, it's very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Its very like putting in the secure watch, I would use the RF point feature for the wire free if you are only installing wire free devices. You wont need any tips if you are familiar with the secure watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

sound lads thanks. im a bit rusty but its goin into the folks house so no pressure to get it finished in a hurry. the key pad is a bit flimsey and the womans voice took me by surprise. i take it there is no way of turning down the beeps or her voice?

sound lads thanks. im a bit rusty but its goin into the folks house so no pressure to get it finished in a hurry. the key pad is a bit flimsey and the womans voice took me by surprise. i take it there is no way of turning down the beeps or her voice?

It will all come back when you start installing the alarm :D
    What beeps indie ?

altor wrote: »
    It will all come back when you start installing the alarm :D
    What beeps indie ?

installed this today, took a while to program but its been a while :o
    i was refering to the exit entry beeps but probly better left as they are.
    still have to go back and do a few little bits like date the batt and fill out the zone list.

• Advertisement

i was refering to the exit entry beeps but probly better left as they are.

They are but if you want you can ID the keypad and this will allow you turn down the volume rather than turning it off completely. It is done in the RKP config menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

absoultly dying to get one of these panels...the local wesco is selling a starter kit for 350....panel,keypad,2 pir's,2 d/w sensors,keyfob,and i think sabb.......there selling the inertia/reed sensors sep for 50 quid each!!!! is this a good bargin???

absoultly dying to get one of these panels...the local wesco is selling a starter kit for 350....panel,keypad,2 pir's,2 d/w sensors,keyfob,and i think sabb.......there selling the inertia/reed sensors sep for 50 quid each!!!! is this a good bargin???

Good price, good gear plus all wire free :D

but 50 quid each for the sensor?? that seems a bit mad since i no a company that chages 50 for the sensor and the installation of that sensor :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

€50 is about right for a wireless inertia/contact.
    If a company is supply & fitting for that you are getting a great deal. Ask they for a price to supply only. If they can do the genuine article cheap please send me their details ,I'll get them plenty of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sorry, but no company can supply and fit a HKC wireless sensor for fifty quid (ex VAT).The three euro profit makes it unworkable.
    Maybe if they were already installing the alarm and the customer wanted an additional window alarmed then maybe.

but 50 quid each for the sensor?? that seems a bit mad since i no a company that chages 50 for the sensor and the installation of that sensor :D

Yes thats how much they cost, there is a lot more involved with a wire free sensor than a standard sensor off an wired alarm system. Does he install the whole alarm at cost ? I would not think so.

i think the sensors were costing me 47 euro each and a contact was 33 euro. wont know for sure til i get the invoice in. those are wholesale prices to the company i work for so you could prob add 30% plus vat onto that if your buying from an electrical wholesaler. but it depends on quantity and how much the wholesaler deals with a perticular alarm equipment supplier. i know tradesmen who get the stuff nearly as cheap as we do and were a wholesaler, just on the basis on the ammount of business they do with that company.

hi guys sorry for taking over this forum :( but i recently reset my hkc securewatch 8/12 panel back to the default settings...i programmed the zones.time,hardware,ent/ext,sabb time ect but i have given the manual to a neighbour for the week so i know im after forgetting a setting because when i set the system to away ,the panel starts the delay but then when i move the PIR trips the internal siren as if its an exit fault:D

im after forgetting something simple and its driving me mad especially since all the houses dwn my way are being robbed.help is relly needed !!!!

hi guys sorry for taking over this forum :( but i recently reset my hkc securewatch 8/12 panel back to the default settings...i programmed the zones.time,hardware,ent/ext,sabb time ect but i have given the manual to a neighbour for the week so i know im after forgetting a setting because when i set the system to away ,the panel starts the delay but then when i move the PIR trips the internal siren as if its an exit fault:D

You will need to go into engineering, zone menu, zone options and set the pir up for access. If you want the beam off in part set you can do this here too.

thanks altor knew i was forgetting something. really appreciated!!:)have it sorted now

thanks altor knew i was forgetting something. really appreciated!!:)have it sorted now

With all the places getting burgled around the place make sure you have the alarm turned on at night. If you need a engineer manual send me your e-mail by P.M. and I will send it on to you.

have it set up to auto arm pga incase i forget.btw will auto arm work if i set the alarm to work to en50131 and what is auto activate this is in event timers

have it set up to auto arm pga incase i forget.btw will auto arm work if i set the alarm to work to en50131 and what is auto activate this is in event timers

I am not sure what you have set up Thunderbird2, can you explain more ?

Auto active is used if you want the alarm to activate if you have left the alarm unset for a certain length of time. E.G. If you had a builder working in your home for 8 hours then when he enters he would disarm the alarm with his builder code, it activates the 8 hour timer to start counting down. If thats what it is set too. If he does not finish up and arm the panel to leave within that 8 hours the alarm will go into full alarm.

• Advertisement

:Di have it set up as auto arm part gard A..at 11:30 the alarm sets on part gard A...just scroll past the auto activate and u will find it

:Di have it set up as auto arm part gard A..at 11:30 the alarm sets on part gard A...just scroll past the auto activate and u will find it

I have not used this feature but good to know it will go into partgard.

you can set it to auto arm in full, part g A or part arm B :rolleyes:

you can set it to auto arm in full, part g A or part arm B :rolleyes:

Thats correct.

after switching to the hkc securewave 10-70 panel and was wondering how to get the keypad to vocally announce the zones that are open when going to arm it. ie press 0#4 keypad speaks (zone 4 back window open) i have zone audio set up.thanks!!!

after switching to the hkc securewave 10-70 panel and was wondering how to get the keypad to vocally announce the zones that are open when going to arm it. ie press 0#4 keypad speaks (zone 4 back window open) i have zone audio set up.thanks!!!

You will only get a message on the keypad letting you know what zone is open when setting the alarm. The audio is for voice monitoring.

You will only get a message on the keypad letting you know what zone is open when setting the alarm. The audio is for voice monitoring.
    when an alarm occurs and i disarm,the keypad announces what zone triggered the alarm along with the date and time along with a visual message.thanks anyway tho:D

when an alarm occurs and i disarm,the keypad announces what zone triggered the alarm along with the date and time along with a visual message.thanks anyway tho:D

That is correct as the alarm has activated. It wont do that if your trying to set with a zone open.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

That is correct as the alarm has activated. It wont do that if your trying to set with a zone open.
    Hi altor,

Have a 812 secure watch since june last year, thinking would it be worth upgrading the alarm to the new 1070 Secure Wave panel. Have all hardwired zones. What extra features come with it and how can we self monitor with it?

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hi altor,

Have a 812 secure watch since june last year, thinking would it be worth upgrading the alarm to the new 1070 Secure Wave panel. Have all hardwired zones. What extra features come with it and how can we self monitor with it?

Thanks a million

If you need to add wire free devices it would be but if not then the 8/12 will still protect your home the same. If you want you could add a text dialer on to the 8/12 if your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.

Advertisement