Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewave

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Who sold you a SecureWatch in June of last year??:eek:
    Could have installed 1070 for €10-€20 extra.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    Who sold you a SecureWatch in June of last year??:eek:
    Could have installed 1070 for €10-€20 extra.

Installed by FSL Security Systems. It is annyoing that I could have gotten a SecureWave for a tenner extra. Thinking of it now, want a keypad upstairs, are securewatch keypads compatible with secure wave panels?

Could do with another keypad,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are going to have to buy another SecureWatch keypad.
    I really can't believe lads are still installing these upto 9 months ago :eek::eek:

KoolKid wrote: »
    You are going to have to buy another SecureWatch keypad.
    I really can't believe lads are still installing these upto 9 months ago :eek::eek:

If I got a SecureWave panel could I install the SecureWave keypad upstairs and continue with the SecureWatch keypad with the panel downstairs? This way, I could also have a keyfob and additional sensors without wiring the house.

Thanks for your time guys, very helpful info here, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    If I got a SecureWave panel could I install the SecureWave keypad upstairs and continue with the SecureWatch keypad with the panel downstairs? This way, I could also have a keyfob and additional sensors without wiring the house.

Thanks for your time guys, very helpful info here, keep it up!

The 2 keypads are different so wont work with the 2 systems I am afraid. The Securewave panel would of being the panel to get in the first place, cant believe you where not given the option at lease. If you can get a cable from the control panel or keypad to the bedroom you could install the second keypad. Have you got a cable for a panic button you could use for the keypad. If so there is a panic built into the keypad. What extra sensors are you looking to install ?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    The 2 keypads are different so wont work with the 2 systems I am afraid. The Securewave panel would of being the panel to get in the first place, cant believe you where not given the option at lease. If you can get a cable from the control panel or keypad to the bedroom you could install the second keypad. Have you got a cable for a panic button you could use for the keypad. If so there is a panic built into the keypad. What extra sensors are you looking to install ?

No, unfortunately no wiring in the bedroom at all. Just wanted to have another keypad in the landing so can arm it at night. Also, if were to go with monitoring in the future to add a few shock sensors (big house) aswell. There is no wiring for keypads or shock sensors.. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks a million KoolKid and Altor for yis help.

No, unfortunately no wiring in the bedroom at all. Just wanted to have another keypad in the landing so can arm it at night. Also, if were to go with monitoring in the future to add a few shock sensors (big house) aswell. There is no wiring for keypads or shock sensors.. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks a million KoolKid and Altor for yis help.

The Securewave would of helped. Running cables is you best bet. If you can get a 4 core cable to loop where you want the keypad on the landing, then into the attic, you could install a expander, a keypad and 4 zones off the same cable.

Right, I have a motion detector in the landing, this is a 6 core cable and goes right back to the panel.
    If I use the original PIR cable to wire the expander Is it possible to connect the keypad to the expander aswell?

Perfect, you can always wire the pir into an expander. Saves running a cable :D

Perfect, you can always wire the pir into an expander. Saves running a cable :D

How much should I expect to pay for an expander?
    I persume its a matter of connecting the keypad and pir to the expander and wire it to the panel?

How much should I expect to pay for an expander?
    I persume its a matter of connecting the keypad and pir to the expander and wire it to the panel?

A 4 zone expander about 40-50 Euro. Ring a few of the suppliers here for a price. The expander will be wired in with the keypad on 4 of the cores. The pir will be wired into a zone on the expander. The 2 spare cores on the 6 core cable can be used for power for the pir.

• Advertisement

A 4 zone expander about 40-50 Euro. Ring a few of the suppliers here for a price. The expander will be wired in with the keypad on 4 of the cores. The pir will be wired into a zone on the expander. The 2 spare cores on the 6 core cable can be used for power for the pir.

Will contact some of those on the list. Thanks a million for your time- you and koolkid really know this stuff inside out!

Will contact some of those on the list. Thanks a million for your time- you and koolkid really know this stuff inside out!

We try our best :D

Advertisement