Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I install the SATA controllers without a floppy or a slipstream disc?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I'm fixing a laptop for a friend of mine and the thing is the laptop came with Vista installed and now he has reverted back to XP.
    Now XP will not boot up without a BSOD error 0x0000007B. I believe the problem may be fixed with FIXBOOT and FIXMBR.
    So then I insert the XP disc and head for the Recovery Console.
    Then I find out that the XP disc doesn't recognise the HDD. So now I know the problem is that their is no SATA Controllers installed.

I dont have a lot of time to spend on this so I was trying to avoid a fresh install.

My question is Can I install the SATA controllers without a floppy or a slipstream disc? i.e. add them to an already installed XP OS that will not boot.

I can access the HDD with the likes of a Boot CD and I can see the OS files on the HDD. I cant understand how XP installed without the SATA Drivers.

Any Help appreciated.

Advertisement