Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Certification process

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I am in the process of 2nd fixing my own home and am about to carry out the testing and am looking to ask a few questions if possible.

1. Regarding the testing - What tests are needed to be carried out for the full test?

2. I am a qualified elec and its my first time dealing with the certification process and was wondering the differnece between RECI and ECSSA?

3. I was told bt ECSSA that the cert will cost 50 euro as its my own house, will the inspector still call and how long would I be waiting roughly between the time I send in the cert to the Inspector calling to the esb installing the meter?

Sorry if the questions seem a bit dumb but as I said its my first time dealing with the cert process.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

the tests are Pre connection

1 continuity of protective conductors

2 continuity of conductors in ring circuits

3 maximum resistance of protective conductor

4 insulation resistance

5 verification of protection by seperation of circuits

6 polarity

post connection tests

line to earth fault loop impedance

verification of operation of rcd's

the difference between reci and ecssa is the test record sheets for each are slightly different

not to sure on how you will be waiting sorry

Advertisement