Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cable modem - How do I connect

• 03-11-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Need to find out how I connect to the management page of the UPC cable modem. i.e what is the IP address I can bang into my browser to get to this.

Many thanks

Comments

http://192.168.100.1 is the universal cable modem IP, should work on any DOCSIS compliant modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Thanks for that you are correct...I need a password to connect to advanced services though...any idea where I might find this I'm scrolling through the paper work I got from UPC as we speak?

I'd assume you're on the Cisco modem? Leave the username and password blank. If this doesn't work then try another browser as some don't work with blank passwords.

Yes Im on the cisco modem...Nope its definitely looking for some sort of credentials but Im pretty sure I ve not got these written down...

Being Cisco its probably something easy like admin admin etc but I have tried guessing and getting no where???????

nellocono wrote: »
    Yes Im on the cisco modem...Nope its definitely looking for some sort of credentials but Im pretty sure I ve not got these written down...

Being Cisco its probably something easy like admin admin etc but I have tried guessing and getting no where???????

Have you tried putting nothing in? That's the default.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    Have you tried putting nothing in? That's the default.

Yep wont allow me, ive tried in Firefox and IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

The only settings that you are able to change are under the Setup section of the web interface.
    The default username and password for this section is blank.

You can use the username admin and password W2402 to get into the Advanced section of the web interface however all of the pages on this section are disabled.

Thanks guys for the replies, turns out it wont even work for me anyway, I was looking to give internet access based on MAC address of machines only...

Looks like i need to buy a router. Looking for something cheap and needs to have 4 ports min. Anyone recoomend something cheap and cheerful pref in Argus or something?

Cheers

Advertisement