Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims Dundrum

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone here have ICSI or IVF done in Sims in Dundrum, what have your experiences been like???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Hi,
    Hubsand and I had ICSI in Sims Dundrum last August. Even though it didnt work the experience was a positive one. Very un-hurried consultations and subsequent appointments (unlike HARI unit in Rotunda) Staff are so nice and never made us feel like they were on a timetable with other patients. They provide a DVD and informative print outs about the clinic before you make your very first appointment to help you make up your mind about choosing them. I googled the doctors and they're all highly qualified. The costs for the core treatments and extras are the same as other clinics and I feel that the standard of scientific expertise would be around the same as well. Bear in mind the prices on their web site doesn't include the extras like blood tests for him and her. And vaginal ultrasound and an internal uterus exam (Sonography)which is necessary is not included, but VHI Covers 350euro of sonography. All in all we were happy with this clinic and we're going to do round two there as well.

I don't know if this is your first time doing this but I would advise you to have a Drug Payment Scheme Card as fertility drugs can cost 4000-5000euros, but with the card they will only cost you 120euros.

I hope this info helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 squeezie

Hi Razzler
    Thanks for the reply, we did ICSI twice in Sims, didnt enjoy the experience all that much, the nurses are lovely, but i couldnt say the same for Dr David Walsh, found him extremely arrogant when our treatment didnt work for the second time he actually said 'I'm not suggesting you go to Haiti for a baby', can you believe that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I'm going to give you my experience of sims.
    We started out on this road 2 years ago now.
    They identified the issue I wont go into specifics. We did one round of icsi which didn't work and then onto IVF with a blastosyst first round didn't work. 2nd did.
    They are nicest bunch of people I've met. I cannot speak more highly of them very professional and Dr Salma (spelling) is a credit to her profession couldn't be nicer and not preachy at all. I used to smoke ciggys and had just given up and am using a electric ciggy she even got me to demonstrate it for her.
    Any way to cut a long story short we just brought our first born home from the Rotunda today.
    And while it has been a struggle with allot of emotion ups and downs. I cannot be any happier than I am today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This is a 1.5 year old thread. The OP hasn't even posted in over a year. Feel free to start a new thread but there's no need to bump old ones that are no longer relevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement