Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eh, What just happened?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, from a v. newbie.
    I wrote what was for me, a considered piece (hah!) (as in, my brain now hurts) and while it was being posted by the system, i got an alarm bell and a nearly blank page from Boards saying "service not available"
    Now, had it been defamatory, rude, offensive, I might understand it, but it was only about the location of the new Children's Hospital!
    The thread is below (I should have got my post in about 7pm, before Pete_ Cavan's)
    I don't feel like writing about it again - hope it's still in the ether, though, so do you know what went wrong? Boards fatigue? Flu? or just Boreds.ie?

What do you suggest avoid it in future? (draft in word and paste message, yawn?)
    looking forward to your answer but expect the worst

eminoz

http://boards.ie/tre/2056074964

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There have been a few server problems lately, and that's most likely to be the cause of the hiccup you experienced earlier, the content of your post wouldn't have been the issue. If that happens to me I usually hit the back arrow, the post should still be there in its "pre-submit" form. You could then copy and paste it into Notepad or Word until Boards is back up and running. As for the post you lost, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to retrieve it. If it wasn't written to the database it doesn't exist as far as the system is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eminoz

Thanks! I'll be ready next time.

Advertisement